OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
It was the thing to do.
They will permit the national championships to play until the middle of the summer and they'll also finish the champions league and europa league without changing the anything

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Inside Barcelona's audacious plan to get Neymar back

very interesting, didn’t know this....

Andy Webster, who won 28 caps for Scotland, retired from football in 2017, but he could provide the key to Neymar's possible return to Barcelona, assuming the indefinite delay of football caused by COVID-19 doesn't linger too long and affect club's finances too harshly. Webster famously walked out of his contract with Heart of Midlothian in 2006 to join Wigan Athletic, then of the English Premier League. He still had one year to run on a four-year deal when he invoked article 17 of FIFA's transfer regulations in order to get his move.

Article 17 was drawn up in 2001 when the European Commission threatened to outlaw the transfer system within the European Union because it undermined players' freedom of movement compared to other workers. It states that players can leave their contracts "without just cause" once the three-year protection period ends.

Few clubs have tried this method due to the often unspoken agreements between teams not to manipulate the system. But snatching him from PSG via article 17 would represent one of the most incredible transfers in football history, not least for the way it should shatter these "gentlemen's rules" that have seen this method go unused for over a decade.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
USSF ends academy; MLS announces youth league

Looks like the US is using the Coronavirus as an excuse to end their current Development Academy structure when the real reason seems to be lack of leadership and poor decision making.

My high school and Club soccer days were 2007-2011, when the development academies were just starting. Seemed (at that time) that only the players with parents that had money could be a part of this program due to the training and high amount of travel costs. The academies had solid players, but they didn't necessarily have the best players. Cost is always going to be an issue down the line so hopefully they can find ways to even the playing field for those less fortunate

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
USSF ends academy; MLS announces youth league

Looks like the US is using the Coronavirus as an excuse to end their current Development Academy structure when the real reason seems to be lack of leadership and poor decision making.

My high school and Club soccer days were 2007-2011, when the development academies were just starting. Seemed (at that time) that only the players with parents that had money could be a part of this program due to the training and high amount of travel costs. The academies had solid players, but they didn't necessarily have the best players. Cost is always going to be an issue down the line so hopefully they can find ways to even the playing field for those less fortunate

I've heard it's the same for all sports now. Kids are being recruited in middle school and the cost/travel for the various D leagues is through the roof.

Sad!

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The Fiver | French football's biggest hoohah since the 2010 World Cup

Following their government’s decree, the French league declared the season over and then confirmed the standings after 28 matches (27 in some cases) as the final table. That sealed a fairytale title triumph for the Embassy of Qatar, and Big Cup qualifications for Marseille and Rennes. But it also condemned Lyon to missing out on European competition for the first time in 24 years, and the club’s overlord, Jean-Michel Aulas, says that’s a bowl of sick he won’t swallow. “This is robbing us of an opportunity that is very significant, of high value,” he howled before vowing to deploy a crack squad of lawyers in an eat-this-mofos formation. “We are going to claim damages worth several dozen million euros,” stormed Aulas, scratching his nails down a chalkboard. “Noël Le Graët has to face the consequences as president of the FFF. His management here was poor. There were poorly thought-out decisions.”

let the lawyering up begin....

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Judge rules against US women's soccer team in equal pay case

Interesting dilemma.

It seems the men's team makes more due to a risk-based system that relies on bonuses, and the women would not have made as much under the same system. So they rejected the men's system and were seeking more guaranteed pay and benefits, which resulted in lower pay. Now they want the same pay but with the safety of the guarantees.

I'm not sure about this now. The question then is why would the men make more under the same system? Is it pure market forces, some function of scheduling, or something discriminatory?

Whatever the answer there it's still no contest which team is more successful or entertaining.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Judge rules against US women's soccer team in equal pay case

Interesting dilemma.

It seems the men's team makes more due to a risk-based system that relies on bonuses, and the women would not have made as much under the same system. So they rejected the men's system and were seeking more guaranteed pay and benefits, which resulted in lower pay. Now they want the same pay but with the safety of the guarantees.

I'm not sure about this now. The question then is why would the men make more under the same system? Is it pure market forces, some function of scheduling, or something discriminatory?

Whatever the answer there it's still no contest which team is more successful or entertaining.

wow that’s a massive crushing blow.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I'm not sure about this now.

Now? This information has been out there from the beginning for those who cared to find it. Sure the agenda based media had no interest in reporting it but it has always been there. Now the media just has to report it.

And when it comes time to sign a new CBA I still can’t see the WNT signing a similar deal to the one the MNT has because the economics of the professional games are so incredibly different. And those dramatic differences are the core reason the two World Cups, where basically all of FIFA’s money comes from and thus a decent chunk of all national organizations’ funding, have such different economic realities.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Now? This information has been out there from the beginning for those who cared to find it. Sure the agenda based media had no interest in reporting it but it has always been there. Now the media just has to report it.

And when it comes time to sign a new CBA I still can’t see the WNT signing a similar deal to the one the MNT has because the economics of the professional games are so incredibly different. And those dramatic differences are the core reason the two World Cups, where basically all of FIFA’s money comes from and thus a decent chunk of all national organizations’ funding, have such different economic realities.

So you knew they turned down the same deal the men had? It was widely reported that they had different deals and wanted guaranteed money but only a small % of people in this country probably knew the exact details. I knew the global financials were different.

Pat yourself on the back for being a better soccer fan than me, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->