OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Liverpool 25 pts clear of 2nd place City, on track to destroy the Premier League record books with 111 point pace....

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Liverpool 25 pts clear of 2nd place City, on track to destroy the Premier League record books with 111 point pace....

They have dropped 2 points all year. 25-1-0 through 26. Totally absurd. Those are the same results people have on video games when they turn off "fair value" mode for trades, stack their team, and then play the CPU on beginner level.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
They have dropped 2 points all year. 25-1-0 through 26. Totally absurd. Those are the same results people have on video games when they turn off "fair value" mode for trades, stack their team, and then play the CPU on beginner level.

it’s a weird combo of them being fantastic when the rest of the big clubs are struggling.....whatever it’s amazing.

Big Klopp fan.....great at his job.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
it’s a weird combo of them being fantastic when the rest of the big clubs are struggling.....whatever it’s amazing.

Big Klopp fan.....great at his job.

Their brilliance is the only thing keeping this wash of a season interesting. Leicester, Sheffield, and Wolves are three of the 2-7 teams, and Sheffield have an honest shot at the Champions League if City's ban is upheld. There's definitely a lack of quality this year for whatever reason.

I know many people enjoy Man U and Arsenal being garbage but the Premier League is way more fun when the big boys are all good and every week seemingly has a great match up between the best clubs in the world. Watching Sheffield beat Crystal Palace 1-0 to stay in 5th just doesn't do it for me.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Couldn’t agree more....so much more exciting when the big clubs are winning and stars that are performing.....

I’ve really enjoyed watching Sheffield a few times this year, but yep, some of those matchups are just snoozers. Talent levels are clearly lower on those rosters and the product understandably suffers in those matches. Sometimes the most you can hope for is lots of goals and some young up and coming players you hope to see move onto big clubs lol....title race is over, but the rest of the season still has some drama left at least.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Their brilliance is the only thing keeping this wash of a season interesting. Leicester, Sheffield, and Wolves are three of the 2-7 teams, and Sheffield have an honest shot at the Champions League if City's ban is upheld. There's definitely a lack of quality this year for whatever reason.

I know many people enjoy Man U and Arsenal being garbage but the Premier League is way more fun when the big boys are all good and every week seemingly has a great match up between the best clubs in the world. Watching Sheffield beat Crystal Palace 1-0 to stay in 5th just doesn't do it for me.

As a Sheffield man who watched my club in the 3rd tier of English football for 7 years, playing against 3,000 fans against clubs you will never have heard of... I can certainly confirm it does it for me watching us maybe secure a place in Europe! This is essentially the same squad as well, no major changes. We don't have any big stars, but the other teams have to earn the right to beat us, as we make very little mistakes and keep a solid shape. Chris Wilder has worked absolute miracles, the man is a genius. It's a great time in the history of our club right now and long may it continue. Next year will be the real acid test of course

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
As a Sheffield man who watched my club in the 3rd tier of English football for 7 years, playing against 3,000 fans against clubs you will never have heard of... I can certainly confirm it does it for me watching us maybe secure a place in Europe! This is essentially the same squad as well, no major changes. We don't have any big stars, but the other teams have to earn the right to beat us, as we make very little mistakes and keep a solid shape. Chris Wilder has worked absolute miracles, the man is a genius. It's a great time in the history of our club right now and long may it continue. Next year will be the real acid test of course
I think it's a great story and will be rooting for them to hold off Spurs. I love the underdog story and was captivated by Leicester's run to the title. I'm just saying as a neutral and impartial observer who enjoys watching soccer played at it's highest level, I'd rather see the stars doing star things, even though I can appreciate what the less talented teams are doing to stay in the fight.

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Losing Kante to injury 10 minutes into the game is less than ideal for Chelski...

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Depending on the results of Citeh’s appeal yes but as it stands now it is the race for 5th as they are banned from UEFA competition for 2 seasons starting next season.

Chelsea is 4th right now (if we count City) and they're only 3 points ahead of MU (7th right now)

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Chelsea is 4th right now (if we count City) and they're only 3 points ahead of MU (7th right now)

The prize is the same, outside of a comparatively small amount of prize money. Since nobody is chasing down Liverpool the only competition is for 5th place, which of course includes all the places above 5th not filled by Citeh.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad