OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Do we think Pulisic pushes for a transfer? Has to be frustrating to be playing well, only to be used for spot duty.

no way….he’s about to play in the Final and has come on nicely.

that guy gets hammered physically…..it’s not terrible that he’s not being worn down early and is being continually challenged to be better. He has familiarity with the new coach…I don’t see him begging out yet for an easy path.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
no way….he’s about to play in the Final and has come on nicely.

that guy gets hammered physically…..it’s not terrible that he’s not being worn down early and is being continually challenged to be better. He has familiarity with the new coach…I don’t see him begging out yet for an easy path.

Agreed. When healthy he is definitely treated fairly, gets his opportunities, and when he performs he is rewarded with more opportunities. Since Tuchel took over the team is playing fantastically for the most part and is about to play in the Super Bowl of soccer. If Pulisic can’t handle the competition for places on a team competing for the highest honors that says something not great about him and I don’t see that at all. Landon Donovan would run away in this scenario but I think Pulisic is made of much tougher stuff.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Most of the big names sitting out MCI vs Chelsea. Chance for Pulisic to shine

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Very vague.

I just watched "Take the Ball, Pass the Ball" about Pep and Barca. Based on what I saw there, and how Arsenal have been handled, I'm beginning to think Arteta has wanted to play a similar style but he doesn't have the necessary pieces. Sokratis and Mustafi being removed from the backline is a good indication he is definitely coaching them to play out from the back, since these are players who don't seem very good at it.

I think that's why they wanted passing midfielders but for some reason aren't getting the necessary creativity. They brought in players from outside the org to maybe adapt to the style but it's not meshing well with the other entrenched talent, or likely the academy players who I'm sure have been brought up playing an entirely different system.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
My whole soccer career I thought if you passed it back to the keeper with your feet he could not play it with his hands... can someone explain to me why I am wrong and why this isn't a handball?

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
My whole soccer career I thought if you passed it back to the keeper with your feet he could not play it with his hands... can someone explain to me why I am wrong and why this isn't a handball?

I watched the extended highlights of this game and didn’t even think of that. I guess it didn’t matter since they scored anyway but it was a back pass and shouldn’t have been able to be played with a hand as a result. Sure it was a terrible back pass nowhere near the goalkeeper but it was still a back pass to the keeper.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I only watched the extended highlights but it looked like Chelski was the much better team for the most part.

Did not expect that result. A tale of two halves from what I was able to watch. Arsenal were convincing early and a bad play by Jorghino practically handed the Gunners a goal. Later on you could see the difference in where the teams actually stand.

And fwiw been meaning to say, it's amazing how many posts/crossbars are hit in soccer. I guess maybe many shots are aimed in that direction but really there are at least one or two per game, sometimes more. Such was the case yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad