OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002

UEFA would have my support. Ask PSG to formally repudiate the ESL and if they do award them the CL title. Roma and Villarreal would play for the Europa League title.

f*** those money grubbing assholes for starting this absurd shitstorm. You couldn’t wait until this summer’s European Championship is over? I’d support all the domestic leagues giving the 12 clubs massive points penalties for this season also, even if it meant relegation for Arsenal.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Wait, so PSG would finally win...by virtue of 3 DQs?

LOL no way this happens.

How would they proceed? The article says they'd have to find a way to finish the tournament but what is that? These 3 teams beat more than one team to get here...do you bring all teams back that were knocked out by them, and start over to fill the last 3 spots?

Ultimately wasted brainpower and concern because still 99% sure this is a high-stakes game of chicken. Setting a Friday deadline for the announcement is giving the ESL ringleaders a chance to pull back. Otherwise they'd just ban them all right now.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
UEFA would have my support. Ask PSG to formally repudiate the ESL and if they do award them the CL title. Roma and Villarreal would play for the Europa League title.

f*** those money grubbing assholes for starting this absurd shitstorm. You couldn’t wait until this summer’s European Championship is over? I’d support all the domestic leagues giving the 12 clubs massive points penalties for this season also, even if it meant relegation for Arsenal.

That would finally solidify as Uefa as morons at least....

No bueno IMO.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
That would finally solidify as Uefa as morons at least....

No bueno IMO.

I see it as the best of a few bad options. I guess I see those options as that, cancel the CL overall, which punishes PSG for something they haven’t done (yet at least), or bring back teams that were eliminated already, which I think I don’t think makes sense because at the time nobody had done anything wrong.

I’m certainly open to suggestions though.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Pep had some less than favorable words about it. And apparently the managers had no idea these "negotiations" were going on. So it sounds like some high level money wangling and not really a serious proposal.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I only was made aware of this the other day and now it’s falling apart. What a debacle.

Yeah I think they officially announced it Sunday, though leaks may have occurred as early as Friday. But yeah if 2 days after your official announcement 1/6 of your clubs have pulled out that isn’t good.

And supposedly PSG, Bayern, and Dortmund were already lined up to be the other 3 to make it 15 but they have already come out and distanced themselves from it also. So 5 of their planned for 15 clubs have pulled out 2 days later.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I can’t help thinking of that scene from Braveheart where the Scottish nobles are pleading with their soldiers not to flee until they’ve had a chance to negotiate...

(Not the scene you’re refereeing to but) ohhhhh.....that Robert the Bruce.....bastard!

Last edited:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Well,

I'm against the ESL.
but
I didn't understand the whole hysteria. (just a part of it)

First of all
Why the ESL was created?
Because Agnelli and Perez don't make enough money in their own country so they know football and they trapped the Yankees (ManU, LFC, Arsenal), the Jews (Chelsea and Tottenham) and the guys that are desperately seeking history aka Arabs (ManC) from EPL (and their big money) in it.
+
Milan = Yankees
Inter = Chineese
Atletico = part for Jews

What ESL clubs wanted?
-Playing in their national championship / cups
-Not playing under UEFA (so the CL)

-CL would still exist but without these clubs = Not very good for UEFA

So I understand the hysteria by UEFA. They were in panic.
1) Big money going away (right now)
2) No top clubs playing under UEFA = less money
3) Not as much sponsors, viewers and so on in the future = less money

But I don't understand the other clubs in domestic leagues, for example the "EARN IT" t-shirts.
The last time that a non BIG 6 EPL club played in the group stage of the CL was Leicester City in 16/17
Before them you have to go back in 02/03 with Newcastle United.
Almost 20 years ago.
Now you have a chance to play in the CL (yes a CL without the top clubs but still).

PS :
I do love the CL, when the song starts to play, the stars. Every european boy knows the song by heart. In school we had a football tournament every year and everytime in the locker room we played the CL song before the game.
BUT
what a horrible announcement UEFA made yesterday with the new format of CL, the chess format. 36 teams and so on :shakehead They're killing the competition themselves.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
And now all the English clubs are pulling out apparently. Well that went well Perez...

Reactions: g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
upload_2021-4-20_19-39-4.png

goal.com front page

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I have no doubt financially there may have been an argument that everyone, not just the ESL founding members or whatever they were called, would have been better off under their plan.

The fact they didn’t have specific talking points to show this ready to go upon the announcement makes no sense to me. Some vague $10 billion over 23 years in solidarity payments claim was never going to get it done.

This whole thing couldn’t have been handled much worse IMO.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Wow. Angry protest outside Emirates Stadium ahead of today's game. Arsenal fans demanding Kroenke sell.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
wasted energy IMO.

Agreed, this will do nothing. Obviously Arsenal fans aren’t happy with the team sitting mid table now after a number of less than satisfying, but definitely better than this year, seasons before that. So they were already disgruntled because they want them to spend like Chelski after Abramovich took over. The ESL thing is just another reason for them to complain.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->