OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Quite the series of breaks for Newcastle there.

Dawson has a heavy touch, loses the ball and commits a foul trying to win it back that will result in his second yellow and a sending off at the next stoppage in play, which happens to be when Diop puts it in his own net during the resulting breakaway.

And now Fabianski drops an easy cross from a corner right at Joelinton’s feet, who taps it in.

Nice day for the barcodes...

they lucked out....West Ham made a match of it....

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
they lucked out....West Ham made a match of it....

Yeah the way they came out in the second half up a man and 2 goals was pretty darn pathetic. It was like they were down 2 men and just hoping not to get embarrassed. And once West Ham tied it up they started playing again.

But Bruce has very likely kept them up now and at Newcastle that is about all you can really hope for these days as long as Ashley owns the club.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Ridiculous VAR offside going against Arsenal. Tell me how a pinky toe over the line with the body going the other direction gives any advantage.

VAR is broken.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Ridiculous VAR offside going against Arsenal. Tell me how a pinky toe over the line with the body going the other direction gives any advantage.

VAR is broken.

Yeah VAR should be used to decide clear offsides when the referee miss it or penalty and red card situations. The ones where they need 5 minutes to decide if it was offside or not should stand just like it should be the same in hockey with offsides. If its almost impossible to see if its an offside then let the call on the ice stand.

I also question if they always get the picture they use for deciding offsides in soccer right. They would need to stop the picture the exact moment the ball leaves the foot of the player passing the ball to get it right. Would probably need to check that as close as they check the offside line they put up to be 100% sure and I dont think they do.

Reactions: g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
And now an equally tight VAR goes the other way for a penalty. Rubbish!

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Gotta be honest, this is a terrible look for the US. With the introduction of a salary team in the ESL and with the league being funded by an American bank it's going to look like the greedy Yank owners are looking to "American-ize" the beautiful game. And the people saying that would probably be right. The Henrys, Glazers, and Kroenkes are all world-class shitheads.

Reactions: ovikovy817 and g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
And if they do it they'll sign an exclusive broadcast agreement with some network (or create one) and then make it yet another pay channel.

But I still think this is 90% brinksmanship for some other financial goal.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
And if they do it they'll sign an exclusive broadcast agreement with some network (or create one) and then make it yet another pay channel.

But I still think this is 90% brinksmanship for some other financial goal.

100% believe it’s this. The players are not giving up playing in the World Cup.

Boris Johnson saying the Government will fight this. Seems destined to head to the Courts and end in some sort of arbitration and settlement.

3.5 bil of the 6 bil JPMC investment is about 300 mil to each of the 12 founding clubs....

Last edited:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Yep.

After Ferdinand's, Neville's words and other people in different countries, that's what it looks like.
"American and Jews thinking about the money."

Hope UEFA/FIFA/domestic leagues will ban clubs /players for participating in the ESL

Even more important. Hope they'll deny the ESL clubs to do business with other clubs. Can't buy or sell players to those teams.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Yep.

After Ferdinand's, Neville's words and other people in different countries, that's what it looks like.

Hope UEFA/FIFA/domestic leagues will ban clubs /players for participating in the ESL

Even more important. Hope they'll deny the ESL clubs to do business with other clubs. Can't buy or sell players to those teams.

I absolutely hope they find a way to ban the ESL clubs from their domestic leagues and cups. I think it might be a long legal struggle to do that but they hopefully are successful.

The domestic leagues and cups and European football are intrinsically tied together. Trying to stay in one area while taking your ball and going home for the other is complete BS. You want your own league? Fine but you play in it all the time with nothing else. And if FIFA and UEFA ban your players from playing in world cups and European championships that is on you also.

If they stick with this plan I hope every club involved and every player on those clubs suffer severely. And I’m an Arsenal supporter.

Reactions: ovikovy817

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yep.

It will never come to that because it will never get that far IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad