OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
that’s not how I read it.....

It's the Euro schedule. It was only one month. It was just a few games. It was Hazard. The guys just lost confidence. We were so close. etc etc...

...everything is something happening to them.

Did he once say "I didn't do a good enough job"? Maybe it's selective editing, can't tell. But he's searching everywhere but his own performance.

Could be desperation in hopes of landing a new job. He could open up more at a later date, who knows.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It's the Euro schedule. It was only one month. It was just a few games. It was Hazard. The guys just lost confidence. We were so close. etc etc...

...everything is something happening to them.

Did he once say "I didn't do a good enough job"? Maybe it's selective editing, can't tell. But he's searching everywhere but his own performance.

Could be desperation in hopes of landing a new job. He could open up more at a later date, who knows.

so you don’t want to hear his analysis I guess....that’s fine, but he was being asked....I’m sure there are things he feels he could do better, but maybe that just didn’t make it into the article....

Arteta has his work cut out for him. I think their roster is tainted and needs a purge.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
so you don’t want to hear his analysis I guess....that’s fine, but he was being asked....I’m sure there are things he feels he could do better, but maybe that just didn’t make it into the article....

Arteta has his work cut out for him. I think their roster is tainted and needs a purge.

Blunt analysis is fine but when a coach doesn't mention himself at all, and instead exaggerates the good while pinning the bad on things like the schedule, it's usually viewed with suspicion. I wouldn't call that analysis so much as forensic excuse making.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Blunt analysis is fine but when a coach doesn't mention himself at all, and instead exaggerates the good while pinning the bad on things like the schedule, it's usually viewed with suspicion. I wouldn't call that analysis so much as forensic excuse making.

Unfortunately he’s not the author.....could completely be what he was asked and or just what made it into the article.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Luiz and Sokratis after the game seem to make it pretty clear they didn't like playing for Emery.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Gunners are bad. Blow it up. Completely out of sync with each other on the field. No chemistry. No one-touch passing at all, few combinations of passes. Hold and scan, safe pass or a likely giveaway.

Worst start to an Arsenal season ever.

It's not just the coach. The roster is flawed. Keep Auba, Bellerin, and the youngsters but everyone else should be on the block.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Gunners are bad. Blow it up. Completely out of sync with each other on the field. No chemistry. No one-touch passing at all, few combinations of passes. Hold and scan, safe pass or a likely giveaway.

Worst start to an Arsenal season ever.

It's not just the coach. The roster is flawed. Keep Auba, Bellerin, and the youngsters but everyone else should be on the block.

I don't get it with Nicolas Pepe. He's their best offensive player behind Auba, cost $72mm to sign, and he can't see the field.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I don't get it with Nicolas Pepe. He's their best offensive player behind Auba, cost $72mm to sign, and he can't see the field.

Same. Reports I read indicated some kind of stylistic adjustment that fouled things up under Emery, which caused him to lose confidence.

Seems utterly bizarre.

Meanwhile Laca is becoming disgruntled baggage like Ozil.

Housecleaning in order this summer.

edit: an interesting series during the last game saw Bellerin taking a shot from close to the same place on the pitch he scored from vs Chelsea, but because Auba and Laca were in the vicinity they started making their "awwww damn, what are you doing" faces/postures, and Bellerin immediately gave them the "calm the f*** down, you entitled assholes" settle down motion and walked off. Bellerin for captain.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Arsenal need to gut that team.....lacking in leadership in the room IMO. Something has smelled rotten for a while.

Reactions: g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Arsenal need to gut that team.....lacking in leadership in the room IMO. Something has smelled rotten for a while.

I think it's Ozil. He showed the rest of the team you can half-ass it and still get paid. They tried to bench him but it became a distraction instead of a motivating force.

Then you have Laca out there acting like a diva and sulking when someone doesn't pass him the ball.

Two of the worst things you can have on a squad.

Then you have a bunch of middling players at midfield and some downright bad defenders.

And now that I think about it, Pepe is a dribbler who holds the ball until something opens up. Laca is a slasher type who expects a pass the second he sees an opportunity. That may be one reason they haven't clicked, or been used together all that much.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Will Neymar get his transfer this summer? By all indications, he wanted out (and PSG's high reps have said so publicly), but, he agreed to delay a move until this summer. Will be interesting to see where he goes because Barca seems like the only logical destination - and he has reportedly stated a desire to go back to there. Real would make sense too (opposite Hazard), but, RM has seemed to invest a lot in young attackers the last couple of transfer windows. No other teams in the world really make sense IMO, especially those that can pay the enormous fee and salary wages. Man U sucks right now, so, there's no way they are in the conversation. Does Juve have that kind of money to spend and are they willing to? Does City take a shot at him, despite their attacking talent and depth? Will be an interesting transfer saga this summer.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I think it's Ozil. He showed the rest of the team you can half-ass it and still get paid. They tried to bench him but it became a distraction instead of a motivating force.

Then you have Laca out there acting like a diva and sulking when someone doesn't pass him the ball.

Two of the worst things you can have on a squad.

Then you have a bunch of middling players at midfield and some downright bad defenders.

And now that I think about it, Pepe is a dribbler who holds the ball until something opens up. Laca is a slasher type who expects a pass the second he sees an opportunity. That may be one reason they haven't clicked, or been used together all that much.

I absolutely think Ozil poisoned the well when things went south. Sucks....he really was a favorite of mine playing for Germany.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Will Neymar get his transfer this summer? By all indications, he wanted out (and PSG's high reps have said so publicly), but, he agreed to delay a move until this summer. Will be interesting to see where he goes because Barca seems like the only logical destination - and he has reportedly stated a desire to go back to there. Real would make sense too (opposite Hazard), but, RM has seemed to invest a lot in young attackers the last couple of transfer windows. No other teams in the world really make sense IMO, especially those that can pay the enormous fee and salary wages. Man U sucks right now, so, there's no way they are in the conversation. Does Juve have that kind of money to spend and are they willing to? Does City take a shot at him, despite their attacking talent and depth? Will be an interesting transfer saga this summer.

Barca would have to work some financial magic. I think both parties want a reunion but cost prohibitive. Still I think that’s his likely destination. Rumblings Mbappe wants a move too....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad