OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Chelski with their preferred draw in the quarters and a reasonable best case in the semis also.

QUARTERFINALS
Manchester City vs. Borussia Dortmund
FC Porto vs. Chelsea
Bayern Munich vs. Paris Saint-Germain
Real Madrid vs. Liverpool

SEMIFINALS
Bayern Munich or Paris Saint-Germain vs. Manchester City or Borussia Dortmund
Real Madrid or Liverpool vs. FC Porto or Chelsea

MC vs Bayern
RM vs Chelsea

MC vs RM

MC

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
More than a decent chance of an Arsenal / ManUre Europa League final. Arsenal’s path is easier IMO but ManUre is playing much better.

QUARTERFINALS
Granada vs. Manchester United
Arsenal vs. Slavia Prague
Ajax vs. Roma
Dinamo Zagreb vs. Villarreal

SEMIFINALS
Granada or Manchester United vs. Ajax or Roma
Dinamo Zagreb or Villarreal vs. Arsenal or Slavia Prague

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
More than a decent chance of an Arsenal / ManUre Europa League final. Arsenal’s path is easier IMO but ManUre is playing much better.

QUARTERFINALS
Granada vs. Manchester United
Arsenal vs. Slavia Prague
Ajax vs. Roma
Dinamo Zagreb vs. Villarreal

SEMIFINALS
Granada or Manchester United vs. Ajax or Roma
Dinamo Zagreb or Villarreal vs. Arsenal or Slavia Prague

who’s your PL team again?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Just noticed USMNT vs Dominican Republic on FS1 for CONCACAF olympic qualifying, first half almost over.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
WTF is going on with Pulisic? He can't crack the lineup at Chelsea and doesn't play for U23 USMNT.

He's got to be frustrated as hell.

Different role, same story: Pulisic's poor finishing puts more pressure on USMNT star in fight to earn Tuchel's trust | Goal.com

Is he really playing that badly?

It’s been a weird spiral. Injuries compounded by loss of confidence.

Chelsea are starved for that insurance goal many games....when you get great chances and don’t convert, other elite guys are waiting to get into the lineup.

In the short 10 years I’ve been a fan of Chelsea, it’s amazing the number of seemingly awesome forwards that come in and crumble and don’t produce.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
WTF is going on with Pulisic? He can't crack the lineup at Chelsea and doesn't play for U23 USMNT.

Different role, same story: Pulisic's poor finishing puts more pressure on USMNT star in fight to earn Tuchel's trust | Goal.com

I think there are a lot of things to point to.

In no particular order, tremendous competition for places, a formation that doesn’t include his best position and removed one spot for him to complete for, the team is doing very well without him playing much of a part, when he has been given a chance he hasn’t done much with it, and a likely loss of confidence.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Formation is a good point....he cannot find his spot to do well consistently.

PL is tough. I hope they have patience with him and Werner.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I also think it's tough that Tuchel is his old coach. It's odd to me that Tuchel doesn't seem to value him as anything more than a supersub which has got to sting Pulisic and be bad for his confidence.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I also think it's tough that Tuchel is his old coach. It's odd to me that Tuchel doesn't seem to value him as anything more than a supersub which has got to sting Pulisic and be bad for his confidence.

That's where I'm coming from. It's like he's not getting a real chance to develop in Chelsea because of that baggage.

He didn't look great in TWO starts? Gee I wonder why. How about some breathing room and putting him in a position to succeed.

IMO he may need to move on.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t recall any bad blood with Tuchel before. In fact Tuchel was his coach his first 2 pro years @ BVB and he did well.

This is mostly about making the most of his playing time IMO.

The pressure to select the right guys is huge.

Last edited:

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I don’t recall any bad blood with Tuchel before. In fact Tuchel was his coach his first 2 pro years @ BVB and he did well.

This is mostly about making the most of his playing time IMO.

The pressure to select the right guys is huge.

Yeah at the end of the day who’s spot do you think he should be taking? Mount is playing incredibly well IMO so there is little chance he is out of the lineup unless he is simply being rested.

So now it is wait your turn and try to make the most of it when it comes. That is far from an optimal situation but that is how it usually works at big clubs in situations like this. It is a peril of joining a big club unfortunately and often a reason players move on.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Still holding the line on Peacock, but is ESPN+ worth it? What else is there besides intl soccer?

edit: f*** it, pulled the trigger on the annual deal

Last edited:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
The Netherlands want to miss the 3rd big tournament in the past 6 years.
Missed Euro 2016
Missed World Cup 2018
And a good start to miss the World Cup 2022

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

Looks like most of the top US guys at that age aren’t participating in Olympic qualifying, including most of the young guns that played in the last set of friendlies. Top European clubs aren’t allowing their guys to leave. No Gio, Sargent, Pulisic, McKinnie, Dest etc.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Looks like most of the top US guys at that age aren’t participating in Olympic qualifying, including most of the young guns that played in the last set of friendlies. Top European clubs aren’t allowing their guys to leave. No Gio, Sargent, Pulisic, McKinnie, Dest etc.

That's kind of the angle I was looking at. If they're not getting good PT at their clubs why not release them for the qualifiers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad