OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Like it matters. Every player in their team today would get a place in the first 11 of at least half the other top 6 / big 6 teams.

I was mainly interested for daily fantasy. Checked my lineups shortly before the match and all my guys are listed as out. You could basically spend whatever you wanted.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Arsenal with some shockingly bad passes after Spurs went down a man... unforced errors that look like direct kicks out of bounds in their own end. If I didn't know better I'd say I was looking at a team that was trying to throw the game. But that's just how they are.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Another apparent head injury for a Wolves player. This time Patricio seemed to be knocked out by the knee of his teammate. The play was offside. Perhaps an argument for blowing the whistle sooner instead of letting the play continue nearly so much.

edit: for context, Jimenez actually suffered a fractured skull in that horrific collision vs Arsenal a while back

Raul Jimenez shows off horrific head scar following his fractured skull injury

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I know they look kinda dumb but I wonder when soccer mandates that players wear some kind of head protection, something like Cech used to wear. Soccer has one of the highest concussion incident rates of any sport and has already banned heading for players under the age of 11.

I know it’d be devastating for the players since they couldn’t show off their fresh low-fades every game but at some point you have to imagine it’s a given that players will be required to wear some form of head protection. I think I recall that Virginia Tech did a study a few years back and found wearing protective headgear lead to a 70% reduction in concussions compared to not wearing something. Only a matter of time, in my opinion.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Rare Champion's League game on CBS Sports Network instead of Paramount Plus only. RMA vs ATA, closer than Man City match.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
MU having a very difficult time gaining any ground on AC Milan.

edit: lol there it is

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Chelski with their preferred draw in the quarters and a reasonable best case in the semis also.

QUARTERFINALS
Manchester City vs. Borussia Dortmund
FC Porto vs. Chelsea
Bayern Munich vs. Paris Saint-Germain
Real Madrid vs. Liverpool

SEMIFINALS
Bayern Munich or Paris Saint-Germain vs. Manchester City or Borussia Dortmund
Real Madrid or Liverpool vs. FC Porto or Chelsea

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad