Discover Remains Official Credit Card of the NHL

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Been a solid partnership for the NHL even though the card not available in Canada

DISCOVER AND NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE EXPAND PARTNERSHIP

“We are excited to continue our partnership with the NHL to deliver unique experiences to hockey’s passionate fan base while helping consumers achieve a brighter financial future,” said Ryan Scully, Senior Vice President of Brand, Media and Consumer Insights at Discover. “By renewing our partnership and becoming the Official Credit Card and Bank of the NHL, we have even more opportunities to highlight the impact of hockey in people’s lives. We are proud to champion Hockey Day in America and bring hockey fans closer to their favorite teams through our NHL credit cards. We are looking forward to supporting the continued growth of the League and sport.”

“Discover is a deeply committed and best-in-class NHL partner that delivers creative activations for our fan base and will continue extending and growing the League’s reach,” said Kyle McMann, NHL Group Vice President of Business Development. “We’re thrilled to expand our partnership into Discover’s growing lending and retail banking business where we will build new activations, while continuing to deliver world class content programming like Discover Day with the Cup and now Discover Hockey Day in America that hockey fans love.”

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
How widely accepted is discover card in the US? Up here is visa and MasterCard pretty much everywhere then Amex at most places but more common for it not to be accepted.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
How widely accepted is discover card in the US? Up here is visa and MasterCard pretty much everywhere then Amex at most places but more common for it not to be accepted.

I have a Discover card (they have great student cards) and the only place I've not been able to use it is Costco (who has a partnership with Visa). Never had an issue anywhere else, outside of places that don't take cards at all.

Discover's fairly large but they don't have the same leverage as Mastercard/Visa. I really like my card and they do a lot right, but the benefits of having the card aren't great compared to most competitors.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I generally don't use credit cards any more, but when I did, I found that Discover was pretty much accepted everywhere in the US.

AMEX, which is the absolute worst financial services company on earth, and I will never do business with these lying, credit destroying cretins ever again, was the only card I could use in Canada without an issue. It wasn't that my Visa and MC were denied...some places didn't recognize them. Instead of calling the US to get approval, I just used the AMEX.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
They do have NHL logo cards available also. You can get your favorite team, an NHL logo, or the Stanley cup on your discover card. I have the stanley cup card, and it doesn't cost more or have a higher interest rate or annual fee like a lot of the Visa affiliate cards.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I literally thought that they had found the remains of a long ago project of the NHL for a credit card ^^

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I have the Discover card and it is almost universal in the US. In Canada it is accepted at any place that takes Diners Club Canada

01E9541B-2CFE-4841-A0C6-4649C6681D52.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad