Disappointments so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stockbroker

Dec 24, 2004
I'm sick and tired of these coaches holding back Crosby by playing him on the wing.

They put him at center for a shift against Germany and he scored right away.

Crosby sure is patient. He must be tempted to lash out at the moronic coaches.

I don't know what the hell is wrong with them. And the little ice time they are giving Crosby.

Crosby has indirectly accounted for many goals in this tournament by getting a faceoff in the opposing end then coming off right away, and by the amount of penalties he has drawn.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
The Messenger said:
Now this IS NOT MEANT to start anything, just asking the question ..but do Steve Bernier or Alex Picard kill penalties in the Q ???

The same thing you are saying above was very noticeable with all the penalties that Crosby got very little ice time during that period .. and in fact all the Fraser, Dixion, MacArthur players saw tons of time as a result ..

That may in fact be an indirect reason for the two Q players non Selection ..perhaps ???

Yes, both do.

Picard is a much better PK than Bernier, who is far more of an offensive player.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
The Messenger said:
Now this IS NOT MEANT to start anything, just asking the question ..but do Steve Bernier or Alex Picard kill penalties in the Q ???

The same thing you are saying above was very noticeable with all the penalties that Crosby got very little ice time during that period .. and in fact all the Fraser, Dixion, MacArthur players saw tons of time as a result ..

That may in fact be an indirect reason for the two Q players non Selection ..perhaps ???

Canada is gooing to face competition in this tournament even if it doesn´t look like it right now. There is 6 "hard" games to be played in 11 days, you guys should be happy every minute Crosby is "able" to spend on the bench.

Clutch Mediocrity

May 8, 2004
Ottawa, Ontario
www.4thegame.com
I wouldn't call Glass a dissapointment although he hasn't been stellar. Crobsy let me down in the sense that he hasn't shown me anything to believe he'll be as good as Gretzky. Amazing player, franchise forward, scoring leader, but Gretzky he is not.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
I'd have to say Corey Perry. There was always a huge debate on tsn.ca as to whether or not he should have made the team. I was interested in watching him play as I had never before seen him before. I'll just say that I expected a lot more. He has nice hands but he is about half the speed of Crosby and Bergeron and he seems to hold on to the puck and dipsy-doodle with it when he should be passing in the offensive zone. As a guy that is dominating junior hockey points wise, I don't think he will be a huge point producer in the pro's.

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
Anyone disappointed with any players so far?

There's really only 1 guy that's been a total disappointment for me, Cam Barker. He's been pretty bad... when you consider he was the concensus #3 pick in 2004 with all the hype. He's looked a lot more like Drake Berehowsky than Jay Bouwmeester.

I honestly don't know what Barker you're watching?

Aside from his good play he's the only Canadian player to score a pp goal not named Crosby.

D Train

Jun 5, 2004
Canada
www.piczo.com
I'm kind of disappointed that there's players on the team that appear to be more monsterous than Phaneuf.. Richards for example. Now don't get me wrong, Phaneuf is doing a great job.. I'm just suprised that he hasn't been more physical.. maybe things will change when USA comes along.. :yo:

stockbroker

Dec 24, 2004
Man.Utd said:
I wouldn't call Glass a dissapointment although he hasn't been stellar. Crobsy let me down in the sense that he hasn't shown me anything to believe he'll be as good as Gretzky. Amazing player, franchise forward, scoring leader, but Gretzky he is not.

Crosby let you down? I am sure Sidney will be losing a lot of sleep over it.

He is leading the tournament in goals as a 17 year old. It wouldn't matter what Crosby does, there will always be people expecting more from him.

Mountain Dude

Man.Utd said:

Of course he's not Gretzky, no one will ever be that good again ever, no one will touch the records, no one will score as much, no one will have that much impact on any sport, ever again.

D Train

Jun 5, 2004
Canada
www.piczo.com
I certainly dont think Crosby's all he's cracked up to be.. the Canadian announcers often exaggerate what he does, and it just makes him sound great. Somehow he's always at the right place at the right time, with the right hand-eye coordination and the right instinct. That's just not humanly possible. I guess people just get excited when a 17 year old is actually half decent, and they go the whole nine yards with it.

stockbroker

Dec 24, 2004
Man.Utd said:
So you think he's lived up to the Gretzky comparisons then?
He doesn't have to live up to any chatter on the HFboards.

Just sit back and enjoy the greatness of Crosby.

stockbroker

Dec 24, 2004
phaneuffan said:
I certainly dont think Crosby's all he's cracked up to be.. the Canadian announcers often exaggerate what he does, and it just makes him sound great. Somehow he's always at the right place at the right time, with the right hand-eye coordination and the right instinct. That's just not humanly possible. I guess people just get excited when a 17 year old is actually half decent, and they go the whole nine yards with it.
Crosby is half decent is he?

D Train

Jun 5, 2004
Canada
www.piczo.com
clefty said:
From what I've read, Stephen Dixon hasn't been performing well.

No.. he isn't really. I met him last summer through Phaneuf, and he didn't seem to be enthusiastic about where his hockey career was going or anything.. I don't know, maybe he just doesn't like to talk about it, but he also might not be very motivated.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
Chaos said:
Can we not turn this into another Crosby thread?

I don't think it is possible since there are now at least a dozen guys talking in terms of "non-sexual crush" on the guy, and other similar crap - now I know why the players are told to stay away from sites like this - some of the posters are actually scary.

I am actually neither disappointed or surprised by much so far, but it is early yet. Like so many have said, lets get through the round robin playing teams who simply are not at the right level yet, and see how we do when things tighten up.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Biggest Disappointment so far: Team Canada fans gloating over the U.S. loss to Belarus last night! I know that many Americans will be (or at least would have) cheering for Canada once the U.S. gets knocked out. I find it rather troubling that so many Canadian fans want to see us fall flat on our face. I mean after all, there are five players on the U.S. roster who play in the CHL and they are representing Major Junior hockey very well. You would think that they would have more support from north of the border :dunno:

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
VOB said:
Biggest Disappointment so far: Team Canada fans gloating over the U.S. loss to Belarus last night! I know that many Americans will be (or at least would have) cheering for Canada once the U.S. gets knocked out. I find it rather troubling that so many Canadian fans want to see us fall flat on our face. I mean after all, there are five players on the U.S. roster who play in the CHL and they are representing Major Junior hockey very well. You would think that they would have more support from north of the border :dunno:

Personally I like to cheer for the underdog when they are not against Canada, so I enjoyed seeing Belarus win, but I have to admit, some people have a pretty low sense of maturity. They got beat by a team that played their tails off for 60 minutes. Hopefully Belarus can avoid relegation because that victory would be a big lift to their future as a hockey nation. That is what has me excited about a win like that. The potential impact it can have on the future.

Makarov

Jun 10, 2002
Montreal, QC
Visit site
How about Tukonen, his performance this season certainly pales in comparison to the past...

Obviously nothing can possibly top Al Montoya's play thus far, a lots of the goals hes let in were absolutely horrid, and unfortunately take away from the good saves he makes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad