Disappointments so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2004
IAMCANADIAN said:
I'm glad someone else started this thread because I was thinking the samething. I've been kinda disappointed with the Canadian d as a whole. I don't get to see any of them play but I was expecting more out of guys like Barker.

Ya me too. 4 goals in 4 games is really too much. And killing off 9 penalties in one game plus 3 two men advantages isn't really cutting it. And those idiots allowing 6 even strength shots in one game. I mean really, the puck shouldn't even be allowed in our zone.

RoyIsALegend*

leafs4thecup said:
Ya me too. 4 goals in 4 games is really too much. And killing off 9 penalties in one game plus 3 two men advantages isn't really cutting it. And those idiots allowing 6 even strength shots in one game. I mean really, the puck shouldn't even be allowed in our zone.

Don't count those two ridiculous exhibition games.

Canada still has alot of work to do.

ErnestoGuevara

Jan 22, 2004
Ottawa, Canada
Montoya, Stewart and Nilsson are are players who had big expectations on them and haven't reached them. Of course they still have time to redeem himself. Ladd's been a disapointment because he's overrated.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
how come marek schwarz isn't a dissapointment yet eh? :dunno: for the goalie so many were saying is the best in the tournament and one picked by many to be selected to the all-star squad...he's got a .877 save % through two games. that's worse than montoya's, and people are ripping him right and left

what's with the double standard here?

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Denis Parshin - at last tournament in Sweden he was named team Russia MVP, but at this WJC he plays like turnover machine.
Alexander Nikulin - Very weak game so far. He doesn't play on his level.

mooseOAK*

King Henry I said:
I'm dissapointed in Robert Nilsson. This tourney was a great chance for him to break out, and so far he hasn't shown much to prove himself.

I don't see that he has any help out there.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Levitate said:
how come marek schwarz isn't a dissapointment yet eh? :dunno: for the goalie so many were saying is the best in the tournament and one picked by many to be selected to the all-star squad...he's got a .877 save % through two games. that's worse than montoya's, and people are ripping him right and left

what's with the double standard here?

Haven't seen schwarz play so I can't comment. Have seen Montoya play and he has so far deserved the ripping!

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Chaos said:
Ever thought that maybe, just maybe he's just not playing well right now? Believe it or not, it does happen to prospects, even Florida Panthers ones ;) .

I mean I'd accept if he just wasn't playing well, but still, in an 8-1 win he had 0 points when he led the tournament in scoring last year and was a force is ridiculous. He's even better than he was this year and again, he "left the ice early" in the first skate they had together but Sutter said "it was no cause for alarm" and that was the end of it so I think Stewart's concealing an injury.

littleD

I wouldn't call Glass a disappointment. His defence let him down big time against Slovakia, and on the one goal against Sweden, they d again left a man wide open in front.

In the first game, I was disappointed with the whole Canadian defence. They stepped it up after the first period yesterday. And those penalty kills were huge. Glass made some nice saves too.

I guess Stewart is the one I'm most disappointed with. I think he might be injured. Actually, when you see his face on the ice, it almost looks like he's sick, ready to throw up or something.

RDriesen

May 22, 2002
Visit site
Staze19 said:
Crosby!

Every goal he scores is a tap-in on the powerplay!

I thought he was the next Gretzky?!?!?!!!!! :eek:

he sucks as much as nash. no skill, he scores all his goals from the same area

RDriesen

May 22, 2002
Visit site
Cerebral said:
Montoya has definitely been the biggest disappointment for me so far...

hes been horrible. hes let in so many softies. it looks like he doesnt know what to do out there. even the saves look bad

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
My List of Disappointments:

Jeff Glass
Cam Barker
Danny Syvret
Anthony Stewart
Andrew Ladd
Andrei Kostitsyn
Konstantin Zakharov
Lukas Kaspar
Lauri Tukonen
Roman Voloshenko
Gregori Shafigulin
Robert Nilsson
Adam Pineault
Al Montoya

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
Reilly311 said:
Considering the draft was like this:

Ovechkin > Malkin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest of the 2004 draft class

I don't think he was the concensus #3 pick by a lot of teams. I don't think anyone was comparing him to J-Bo anyway.

Olesz was the cocensus no. 3 or 2 pick til he got injured. It seems that olesz is fully recovred... he plays great this year

letterH

Nov 16, 2003
Kamloops, BC
Visit site
I agree with those saying Barker, Syvret, Stewart and Dawes. I know its only been 2 games but Dawes and Stewart looked so much better last year and may not have been terrible but have played below expectations.

Barker hasnt been all that bad but not sure he deserves the PP time he is getting. I also dont think Coburn has played very well. I am a Seabrooke fan but I dont think he played as good as Mcguire thought he did yesterday.

I know Weber and Phenauf play a lot of minutes in regular season, but man if Canada keeps taking penalties, these 2 are gonna be dead when the playoffs start. They never seem to leave the ice and have been playing good I should add.

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
It could be argued weather the USA's performance against the Swiss was a dissapointment. Sue they won, but people were expecting them to blow them out of the water. The Swiss practically owned the first peroid of that game.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Canadian_man said:
It could be argued weather the USA's performance against the Swiss was a dissapointment. Sue they won, but people were expecting them to blow them out of the water. The Swiss practically owned the first peroid of that game.

It reminded me of the Canucks\Wild playoff series.

The Canucks(USA) had all the firepower and on paper should have owned that entire game, but the Wild(Swiss) played a heavy trapping(left wing lock,actually) system, and frustrated the opponent. Trap through the zone, dump in, repeat.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

i'd say it was a dissapointment...the US is gonna have to bring a lot more intensity than that if they want to get far

their offense needs to play like it did when things broke open in the third (in terms of effective puck movement and hard work in the offensive zone at least, things they weren't doing before then) and their D needs to at least play *decent*. and yes, montoya needs to step up his game too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad