WJC: Disappointing showings so far

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
I miss the days when the WJCs would be in these little communities by the Arctic Circle and you had to wake up at weird hours to watch them. The high production, prime time, junior celebrity machine has kind of taken a bit of the old charm away.

Yup the monetization of Junior hockey is sad.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Canada is also a big disappointment for me to be honest.

Little talent and they don’t work hard like they used to. Instead they just dive and flops all over the ice. It used to be special to watch Canada in the WJC, those first 10 minutes. Recon the millennium generation is taking over, not made of the same stuff.

It’s just my opinion, but who on earth would like set the clock to watch this version of Canada play in the middle of the night to see that?
I warned you.

Some guys on here never learn, hopefully you won't be one of them.

And not for one second am I flaming you lest I be accused of that, this is purely educational.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I'm at a loss to explain Sweden. How a team can go, what, ten years without losing a single round-robin game, and then follow it up with clunkers like this, its gotta be disheartening.

That said, I do love a good upset.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I'm at a loss to explain Sweden. How a team can go, what, ten years without losing a single round-robin game, and then follow it up with clunkers like this, its gotta be disheartening.

That said, I do love a good upset.
They were projected to place 5th/6th in this tournament beforehand, so that was kind of accurate. It just wasn't expected they would look like a chicken coop on fire in a manure storm in the QF. It was kind of expected they would at least lose with dignity.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Monaakko

Oct 8, 2011
Finland
I'd say that the coaching in this tournament has been rather bad across the board, especially for Canada, Sweden and the Czechs. Ahokas at least showed some life behind the bench for Finland in the QF, but has still been rather underwhelming.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I know what material is made of and that's why Im disappointed about him. His tournament is realy underwhelming so far IMO. He has all the skills but can generate nothing for the moment
He generates everything and you need to learn to evaluate players.

Reactions: rightyright

elmaco

Feb 1, 2017
Most Predators fans have already given up on him being anything special. We are hopeful he can become a 3rd liner around 40 points in a good year type.
lol WHAT, he was the best player on ice vs Canada, looked like a vet playing with kids. You need to get whatever you watch hockey with evaluated.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Most Predators fans have already given up on him being anything special. We are hopeful he can become a 3rd liner around 40 points in a good year type.
The sort of premature judgment that leads to trading a Filip Forsberg for an Erat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->