WJC: Disappointing showings so far

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
The entire tournament has been kind of disappointing to this point to be quite honest. Hopefully the medal rounds can pick up the slack.
What? This tournament is a big step up from buffalo were people didnt care to attend the games.

Swedens last game against kazakstan was sold out. I bet only like 500 people would had attended that in buffalo.

Reactions: MatthewFlames

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I think Canada and Finland are both probably not happy with the way they’ve played in the round robin. USA has also looked sloppy at times.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
I don't think lundestrom was ever considered an offensive player and he still has 4 points in 4 games.
But he was suppose to be best swe forward and it is not even close. Hardly noticable despite racking up some points

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
I watched only slovakian games, so I cant really tell in general, but from my team it is Pospisil. His performance is not bad, but I expected definitely more. He is already drafted, dominated in USHL this season. One assist in four games is not enough I believe.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The entire tournament has been kind of disappointing to this point to be quite honest. Hopefully the medal rounds can pick up the slack.

I miss the days when the WJCs would be in these little communities by the Arctic Circle and you had to wake up at weird hours to watch them. The high production, prime time, junior celebrity machine has kind of taken a bit of the old charm away.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
What? This tournament is a big step up from buffalo were people didnt care to attend the games.

Swedens last game against kazakstan was sold out. I bet only like 500 people would had attended that in buffalo.

I think he meant game wise it's been a huge disappointment. Not venue wise

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Easily Bouchard for me. In general sloppy and poor decisions with the puck, not moving well. Not looking good for a kid drafted as high as he was. Also showing poor attitude with the ugly dives. Maybe it’s just me, but why not work harder instead of acting like a clown like that?

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Easily Bouchard for me. In general sloppy and poor decisions with the puck, not moving well. Not looking good for a kid drafted as high as he was. Also showing poor attitude with the ugly dives. Maybe it’s just me, but why not work harder instead of acting like a clown like that?

Lmao @ his “controller disconnected” moment in front of the net last night

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Canada is also a big disappointment for me to be honest.

Little talent and they don’t work hard like they used to. Instead they just dive and flops all over the ice. It used to be special to watch Canada in the WJC, those first 10 minutes. Recon the millennium generation is taking over, not made of the same stuff.

It’s just my opinion, but who on earth would like set the clock to watch this version of Canada play in the middle of the night to see that?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It would be fun to see WJCs hosted at Rovaniemi though, would be interesting to see how hockey players would handle kaamos.

The most disappointing one is Tolvanen, how could he play so well for Jokerit over a year ago and be like this right now, I don't understand...

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast

Little talent and they don’t work hard like they used to. Instead they just dive and flops all over the ice. It used to be special to watch Canada in the WJC, those first 10 minutes. Recon the millennium generation is taking over, not made of the same stuff.

It’s just my opinion, but who on earth would like set the clock to watch this version of Canada play in the middle of the night to see that?
Well last I heard no medals are awarded in the pre-lims ....if they don't show up against the Finns then it will be a huge disappointment...also 3 letters will solve your last problem...PVR...

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
WJC kazakstan/Denmark

can we pls reduce the amount of teams

honestly boring when its bottom dweller teams
10 is perfect, need to let teams develop to get experience. Denmark is having a *severe* off year, even by their standards. Have to remember that they have qualified for this tourney 5 years in a row.

Think that because Denmark has been holding onto a spot now for this long, and Switzerland is more a medal threat now then they are a candidate for relegation, that the final spot in the tournament is fought for by Latvia/Germany/Belarus/Kazakhstan realistically. More than fair.

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
Im a bit disappointed at Suzuki. Im a habs fan, I was happy when we first got him. A super intelligent kid on the ice with great abilities to finish or set up play + he almost made the VGK at his first camp. He wasnt very very impressive in our camp this year but we could see that this guy have alot of potential, but I find him not enough involve in games lately. I never really saw him play against player of his age but when I looked at his stats year after year with O.S. I thought that he wouldve been a bit more dominant for a 100 pts player. Dont get me wring he still play a good game overall,he's reliable but the exact word its involvement. I dont see involve in the game enough dont see him wanna make the difference. I was expecting him to have a similar impact as comtois,tippett & glass. Not saying that he should play like that cause he's a totally opposite type of player then comtois i.e. but I would like to see him involve, draw attention, try to make a difference being more hungry less passive.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

Still made of the same stuff to beat you once again last year.

Sweden seemed to be made of the same stuff too.............................losing the big games while winning all the round robin ones.

I wouldn't make this thread personal yet if i were you..............................save that for when/if you win.

You would think you would know that but since it seems like a safe time to take a shot you took it, not surprised from what I have been reading from you over the years here.

I'd be careful with the mud slinging if I were considering your teams history at this thing, might have to eat some crow, don't forget that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad