NBA Dirk Nowitzki retires

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I literally watched every minute of the 2011 finals despite not being a fan of either team. Just wanted to see Dirk win so bad and hats off to an incredible career. What a run he/the Mavs had during his prime.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I man cried last night.

Love Dirk. He made me, a Miami kid at the time, a fan of him. I was at an age where I was rooting for players (Jordan, Pippen, Barkley, etc). and didnt have a specific team.

Then I was latching on the McGrady etc. Dirk made me a Mavs fan in 2000 and I still am to this day. Thank you Dirk!

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Living in Dallas for his entire career i can say he is my GOAT. If anyone questions his greatness check out his playoff dominance in 06 which goes unnoticed most of the time. He was the best player in the playoffs that year and it was not even close.

Reactions: Voight

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Sad day as Dirk was one of my all-time favs. As a prolific shooter he was a pioneer among NBA bigs, and as a guy who played all 21 years of his career with one team he set the bar for loyalty at a time when there is less and less of it in the league both among players and teams. Happy retirement man. The game is better because of you.

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
Wade is 22nd in PER. Dirk is 29th. I lost respect for Chuck and Bird skipping Wade's last home game.

Last edited:

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I still have his rookie card. That was probably the last year I purchased trading cards too.

I didn't think he would ever erase the stigma after the '06 Finals and the historic loss in '07.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
changed the game forever. one of my favorite players to watch

with dirk now retired it means vince carter is the last active player who appeared in like mike. sad

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Sorry to hear he's retiring but what a career. That step back jumper was killer.

I still have his rookie card. That was probably the last year I purchased trading cards too.

I didn't think he would ever erase the stigma after the '06 Finals and the historic loss in '07.

Yeah, 2011 was probably my favorite NBA championship ever because of this. And doing it against the juggernaut Heat who broke the Mavs hearts 5 years before was extra special.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->