DirectTV and Fox Sports South

KibGrinder

Apr 10, 2012
Apex, NC
I'm sorry if this is not a good place to ask this, I realize that this is not a DirectTV help forum, but I figure somebody here has DirectTV and can answer easily and quickly. The DirectTV guy doesn't even know the answer (which is a little scary).

I'm switching to DirectTV from UVerse and want to make sure that I get a package that includes Fox Sports South. Do any of you guys have Direct TV? What package do I need to get, their site is not very helpful when it comes to figuring out what channels come with what package. I see that FS1 is included in almost every package, does that include Fox Sports South? Or do I need to also get FS2? Or something else?

Again my apologies if I shouldn't be asking this here. Feel free to delete this thread if out of line!

Thanks!

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I had a fairly basic DirectTV package and got FSS. Granted that was a year ago, but I'd be surprised if it didn't include it.

Oldracer

Jan 30, 2010
Raleigh, NC
You may want to consider the XTRA package: gives you Fox South, plus NHL channel. I'm reasonably happy with my DTV. Had T W Cable, and like picture and programming better.
You will lose picture due to heavy storms now & then.

KibGrinder

Apr 10, 2012
Apex, NC
Thanks to you both! You saved me 13.99 a month.

We did end up getting the XTRA package. I eventually found a page that explicitly stated that Fox Sports South was included in the XTRA package. Of course they were trying to tell the Mrs that we needed the "sports pack" but that's apparently not true. I don't think the guy was trying to screw us, I just think he didn't know.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Thanks to you both! You saved me 13.99 a month.

We did end up getting the XTRA package. I eventually found a page that explicitly stated that Fox Sports South was included in the XTRA package. Of course they were trying to tell the Mrs that we needed the "sports pack" but that's apparently not true. I don't think the guy was trying to screw us, I just think he didn't know.

FWIW ATT has recently bought DTV and the techs are still new to DTV / ATT cross training.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad