Directed energy or ‘microwave’ weapon?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
You might recall the news story a couple years ago where diplomats in Cuba got weird symptoms like they were suffering from an illness while staying in the embassy there. Symptoms like nausea, vertigo, tinnitus and other concussion like symptoms.

Later on, it was suspected or perhaps ‘discovered’ (but not confirmed officially) that some sort of ‘energy’ or ‘microwave’ device used by the Russians, were responsible.

Well another story just came out about CIA agents in Australia being targeted with the same kind of weapon.

The thing is, there seems to be no information about these potential weapon(s), what it looks like or how it works. I imagine that’s because a) it’s pretty sophisticated and b) the government wants to keep it classified.

I find it very interesting and was wondering if anyone might know more

member 157595

I can't speak for other countries, but in America any information about these potential weapons would almost certainly be SAP/SAR classified (i.e. black project) and would never be permitted to leave a SCIF unless declassified by the appropriate authorities...and no chance in hell that would happen for decades.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Now this post is classic Lounge fodder. Take it straight to the "Crazy conspiracy theories that you are starting to believe" thread.
What about the Iraq video's?

A directed-energy weapon is a ranged weapon that damages its target with highly focused energy, including laser, microwaves and particle beams. Potential applications of this technology include weapons that target personnel, missiles, vehicles, and optical devices.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
What about the Iraq video's?

A directed-energy weapon is a ranged weapon that damages its target with highly focused energy, including laser, microwaves and particle beams. Potential applications of this technology include weapons that target personnel, missiles, vehicles, and optical devices.
Not much argument there without first-hand knowledge, beyond the usual sensationalism of the world media. Including the interview with the defense contractor-turned-journalist who seems flabbergasted that "now, all of a sudden ... people are being killed without knowing it?" - as though that is a new concept in warfare. :whatever: I'm also compelled to point out to you that just about everything is a "ranged weapon" beyond a pen knife or a sword or a 10-pound club.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tarantula

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Not much argument there without first-hand knowledge, beyond the usual sensationalism of the world media. Including the interview with the defense contractor-turned-journalist who seems flabbergasted that "now, all of a sudden ... people are being killed without knowing it?" - as though that is a new concept in warfare. :whatever: I'm also compelled to point out to you that just about everything is a "ranged weapon" beyond a pen knife or a sword or a 10-pound club.
There were actually quite a few video's about weapons used in Iraq around 2005-07 From the BBC and Al jezera. It didn't get any attention in North America but it did raise many questions. It seems those pieces have been erased from youtube as there were many.

Are they not all forms of energy being aimed at a target?

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... Are they not all forms of energy being aimed at a target?
According to common usage, a "ranged weapon" is any weapon that can harm targets at distances greater than hand-to-hand distance. Presuming that was the basis of your question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad