Player Discussion Dion vs Dougie Poll

Who was better in his time with the Flames

• Total voters

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Nor did I believe you were.

Don't think you can argue that Phaneuf's best hockey was better than MacInnis' best hockey, though.

Well given the 'Omg u hav'nt herd of Al MacInnis?!!1' type of replies from yourself and several others in the thread, you'll have to forgive me for thinking otherwise.

Phaneuf's 06/07 season and playoff performance that season are up there with the best performances we have had from a defencemen.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
On the flip side, how much are these votes influenced by the recent news of Dougie possibly wanting out and not being great in the room? A week ago many Flames fans were arguing Hamilton was a legitimate 1st pairing or a #1 defenseman, they denied he struggled defensively and some would even.

I still think he's a top pairing defenseman whose defensive game is high-end and very underrated. I just also think Phaneuf was clearly the better player while he was here.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Dion rather easily. That dude was a monster here. Kind of satisfied that he never found his game elsewhere.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
On the flip side, how much are these votes influenced by the recent news of Dougie possibly wanting out and not being great in the room? A week ago many Flames fans were arguing Hamilton was a legitimate 1st pairing or a #1 defenseman, they denied he struggled defensively and some would even.

That's definitely true. I am more than happy with the deal we got for Dougie, but I will never sit here and say he isn't an ultra talented dman. The guy is a monster on the ice.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Dion without question. He was dominant and a true spectacle to watch play. Really a shame he slowed down so much and was a shell of himself after his injuries

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Dion's physicality alone would put him above Dougie even if the two had identical point totals. Does anyone remember when he put some sucker on the Sharks into the boards so good they used it in an insurance commercial or something?

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Dion's physicality alone would put him above Dougie even if the two had identical point totals. Does anyone remember when he put some sucker on the Sharks into the boards so good they used it in an insurance commercial or something?
At first I thought this was in reference to Marleau but that was Sarich. That one could have been used as well though. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad