WC: Dion Phaneuf's hit on Simon Moser

bebl

Jul 5, 2008
Finland
Don't penalize a player based on the receiving player's injuries, penalize the player based on his actions. In this case, Phaneuf's hit was clean.
agree

Hard and clean hit. :handclap:

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
So your saying that Artyukin(sp) is going to jump the canadians and start punching guys when they still have their gloves on, and punch guys after they turtle and be the third man in on another fight??

Assuming he isnt already knocked out by a canadian i guess theres a chance it could happen

I hope it doesn't come to that, because I hate goon hockey. However, the fact is that Artyukhin punches out Canadian goons in the KHL like Josh Gratton on a regular basis. He is listed at 6'5", 260, so he's probably big and strong enough to hold his own against Phaneuf if he had to.

ronnyweed

Aug 7, 2008
Ontario
I hope it doesn't come to that, because I hate goon hockey. However, the fact is that Artyukhin punches out Canadian goons in the KHL like Josh Gratton on a regular basis. He is listed at 6'5", 260, so he's probably big and strong enough to hold his own against Phaneuf if he had to.

The fact that he had 3 different teams in 3 season's in the NHL while compiling 19 goals in 200 games shows the quality of player he is.

Anything he does after the whistle isn't playing hockey

Djurgardsjavel

Oct 29, 2010
Valhalla
europeans don't react too well with physical play. hope phaneuf keeps those hits coming

Nah. We hate that part of the game and north americans always soak it up that much better.

I love Phaneuf b.t.w. God I miss ol' fashioned hockey.

Edit: Wow, just noticed the thread was started by Dany Heatley Allstar....double whammy!

Last edited:

Spadman

Mar 30, 2011
That was scary when he passed out on the bench, seeing his eyes roll back into his head and going blank is never a good thing. Really happy the guy was okay in the end.

In swiss tv they said that they were afraid that he swallowed his tongue.
But it was a great hit. You could see that the momentum clearly changed after the hit.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Very nice, very clean hit, good to see that Moser was OK, looked scary for a second when he passed out on the bench.

And why do these threads always descend into Euro vs. Canadian bickering? Vezna is an idiot, just ignore him, no need to get super defensive.

Snauen*

Im sorry but I thought Doug Gilmore was an idiot too back in the days

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
Huh, yourself. What don't you get? While generally just sticking it to euro-hater vezna I also noticed the video just happened to feature the thread-starters fave player being put on his ass, by a Swede. What are the odds?

Not that I'm trying to pick a fight or anything. I like Heatley just fine.

Hahaha, I don't think you understand my name at all.

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
Oh, you darn kids with your internet irony, hippety hop and baggy pants on the ground...

My bad. Guess I should have guessed, huh? Who in their right mind would pick a name like that and mean it? ;) Funny videos. News to me.

Haha, sorry I'm a disgruntled Sens fan like the guy who made the video.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Well, it's not like Canadians are physically stronger than European or Russians (dream on). ;-)

We are talking about two different ways of playing hockey, simple as that.

Young players leaving early for North America sometimes develop a physical style on their own, like Sweden's Douglas "Crankshaft" Murray in San Jose Sharks.

Kronwall is a good and powerful open ice hitter.

These are only two examples of european players which outplays the majority of Canadians in the physical part of the game. The list can be much longer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad