WC: Dion Phaneuf's hit on Simon Moser

holyprime

Oct 5, 2010
Better a penalty than a suspension. Switzerland lost a player.
Moser came back in the third. He actually didnt realize what happened (according to the medical team it was a hit to the solarplexus, and that was the reason why he passed out).

Davebo*

Moser came back in the third. He actually didnt realize what happened (according to the medical team it was a hit to the solarplexus, and that was the reason why he passed out).

That is exactly what I predicted happened to him in the GDT the day it happened. His reaction was similar to others I've seen take a hit like that.

Glad to hear he's OK... :)

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Better a penalty than a suspension. Switzerland lost a player.

I'm pretty sure Moser returned later in the game. In his post-game comments, he actually laughed it off saying that it was a good hit that he didn't see coming and that was the biggest problem - he wasn't looking.

It was a great hit, I'm just glad the Moser is okay. When they were attending to him on the bench, it looked pretty scary.

vezna*

europeans don't react too well with physical play. hope phaneuf keeps those hits coming

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
That was scary when he passed out on the bench, seeing his eyes roll back into his head and going blank is never a good thing. Really happy the guy was okay in the end.

observerspb*

are you kidding? artyukin is a big *****, nothin more nothin less

and i agree with canuck21t: Don't penalize a player based on the receiving player's injuries, penalize the player based on his actions. In this case, Phaneuf's hit was clean.

He's a good player who understands what is good and what is bad. If it is not. That Stewart is a *****.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->