Dinamo Riga 2021/22 - From Worst to First?! Sarauj!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Dinamo was so eager that they started announcing the new players´ contracts in April ... they should wait for May 1 :popcorn:
Answering a bit late here but in the Nordics it's common practice to announce new signings before May 1 as long as the team's season is over. So my guess is that they got some teams' "blessing" to confirm some of the player signings already in April.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Answering a bit late here but in the Nordics it's common practice to announce new signings before May 1 as long as the team's season is over. So my guess is that they got some teams' "blessing" to confirm some of the player signings already in April.
Yes, it's common practice to agree all details of the contract in April, perhaps even sign it. But, if I am correct, the KHL clubs used to wait until May 1 to officialy announce the deals. Here I am talking about the players outside KHL like G Mattsson & G Machovský, btw looks like their deals are not officially registered by KHL CIB yet.

Of course, it is not a big deal that Dinamo announced it earlier. As our friend writes, it is a good signal by Dinamo.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Indrasis to Vityaz. First big loss in the player's market. Vityaz, of all teams, is one Riga should be competitive against if they dare to dream about the playoffs. Also, Meija was signed. All in all, not a good day. A lot of cause for concern.

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Indrasis to Vityaz. First big loss in the player's market. Vityaz, of all teams, is one Riga should be competitive against if they dare to dream about the playoffs. Also, Meija was signed. All in all, not a good day. A lot of cause for concern.

Hmm what is this about? Has he been watching that 'Junior' series on Russian channel and fell in love ? How much more could they offer, what more could they offer him?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Hmm what is this about? Has he been watching that 'Junior' series on Russian channel and fell in love ? How much more could they offer, what more could they offer him?
If we were to look at Vityaz historically they do tend to sign 2 very good imports and the other 3 are more of a supporting cast. They are somewhat famous for being carried by their leaders, filling the rest of the team with warm bodies, and crossing the fingers hoping for the best. Which is not a bad strategy for a team in this salary bracket, basically any success Amur or Admiral had in the KHL was achieved that way, for example.

So it looks like Vityaz are doing it this year again since Kemilainen and Ojamaki would go much more into the supporting category. Indrasis, being a proven KHL scorer, is probably someone they paid a real top dollar to and one could argue he is not worth it if you want to go for a more balanced team and his a bit poor results for Dinamo Moscow. It all depends what are they going to replace him with, forward core of this Riga team is a bit of a mystery thus far while the goalies and defense look set.

Reactions: Rigafan

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Because their budget is crap and can't afford any better players
Because I can not find anything reliable now. What is post-pandemic average players salary payroll in SHL? SEK 30 or 40 million? And what about top payroll?

E: Here I found some discussion post saying Växjö Lakers is going down from SEK 48 million to 38 with players payroll budget. But I have no idea if the club is top or average in the league.

Växjö Lakers minskar spelarbudgeten – med tio miljoner kronor Inför nästa säsong minskar Växjö Lakers sin spelarbudget med drygt 20 procent. 48 miljoner kronor sänks till 38 när Lakers ska försvara sin SM-titel.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Because I can not find anything reliable now. What is post-pandemic average players salary payroll in SHL? SEK 30 or 40 million? And what about top payroll?
Average budget in the SHL is roughly 50 million. Top payroll roughly 60 million. Oskarshamn has had the league's lowest budget by a landslide for the past two seasons and it has been somewhere around 30 million. Top salary is around 300,000 SEK per month, but I believe it will increase now that the new TV deal is increasing the teams' overall income.

The point though was that Riga has a crappy budget compared to the other KHL teams so they cannot afford better players as top players in the SHL, Liiga etc are offered more by other teams in the league.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Average budget in the SHL is roughly 50 million. Top payroll roughly 60 million. Oskarshamn has had the league's lowest budget by a landslide for the past two seasons and it has been somewhere around 30 million. Top salary is around 300,000 SEK per month, but I believe it will increase now that the new TV deal is increasing the teams' overall income.
Thank you. I found some data, but from 2016.

Btw, does Sweden still have high taxes?

The point though was that Riga has a crappy budget compared to the other KHL teams so they cannot afford better players as top players in the SHL, Liiga etc are offered more by other teams in the league.
Here I agree with you. Dinamo Riga will need to go up. Anyway, the salary floor will go up. A few days ago, Morozov said that nine clubs exceeded 800 million rubles for basic salaries payroll (without bonuses) in 2020-21. It is tricky with exchange rate, but it should be around 10 million euro (plus bonuses). A few years ago, it would be X2. Bonuses are 40% from 900 million rubles which are not counted in cap, plus other kind of bonuses exempted from cap. All in all, top KHL club spend around 20 million euro. Guessing, the clubs in that category are SKA, CSKA, Dynamo Msc, Lokomotiv, Avangard, Ak Bars, Avtomobilist, Metallurg, Salavat Yulaev

Another 8 clubs used from 400 million to 800 million rubles for basic salaries in 2020-21. Guessing, they are Jokerit, Spartak, Vityaz, Traktor, Amur, Barys, Sibir, KRS. These clubs should be in calm waters.

But the clubs under 400 million are in danger because the floor will go up to 450 million rubles plus bonuses soon. They are Dinamo Riga, Dinamo Minsk, Sochi, Severstal, Torpedo, Neftekhimik.

I will upload this picture again
5a5581c072e707de92e0fc9f287e3f87.png

Section Netherlands

Feb 8, 2019
Vorky, Flashback is not a forum I would trust under any circumstance. It makes reddit look like a reliable source. I'd only trust it for advice regarding drugs, prostitutes and cars.

And Sweden's taxes are not too different now from a few years ago.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Vorky, Flashback is not a forum I would trust under any circumstance. It makes reddit look like a reliable source. I'd only trust it for advice regarding drugs, prostitutes and cars.

And Sweden's taxes are not too different now from a few years ago.
Thank you. I tried to google a bit, of course I do not trust that forum, it was just the first I found. I simply was not able to google the current reliable data, only from 2016 in that video.

That taxes play a negative role for SHL. But it is what it is.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Btw, does Sweden still have high taxes?

I'll keep it short since we're heading a bit off topic, but yes Sweden still has very high taxes, about the same as in Finland. Taxes for these top players are around 50%, then the employee has to pay an additional state payroll tax/non-wage labour costs of roughly 30% on that salary, so it is almost impossible to match the net bargaining power of teams in the KHL or the NLA.

Reactions: vorky

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Shinkaruk - Ceverny - Karjalainen
Wännström - Tiivola - Radil
Dzerins - Poirier - Darzins
Karsums - Svanebergs - Bukarts
Protaphovich, Meija

Thats a pretty good forward group.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Poirier was an AHL plugger before moving to Slovakia so he is 3rd line center at best, not a 1st one. They will probably try Shinkaruk at center which gives quite a bit of anxiety but oh well, could be worse.

I wouldn't be too sure Dzerins will sign here if he hasn't already and Poirier-Protapivich-Svanenbergs combo doesn't leave him much space at all.

Better Bukarts has already signed with Vitkovice.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
This team is getting seriously interesting, Wannstrom's center in Assat is coming over as well. So Shinkaruk at center appears to never have been a plan. Imagine, actual centermen playing at the center. In the KHL. For Riga. What a time to be alive.

If Lindqvist signing is indeed going to happen this is a very serious PO contender. If not, top-end firepower does seem slightly lacking.

Reactions: Rigafan and wacko2

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I know Riga is not the most wealthy team in the KHL, but why they didn't sign Daugavins who is proven KHL scorer and Latvian ? I can't believe they can't outbid Bern (and I have ultimate respect for SCB).

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
Even if they did have the money, living in Switzerland, not traveling 10000 km weekly is probably attractive for somebody like him

Reactions: Witte49

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I know Riga is not the most wealthy team in the KHL, but why they didn't sign Daugavins who is proven KHL scorer and Latvian ? I can't believe they can't outbid Bern (and I have ultimate respect for SCB).
If they can't outbid Vityaz for Indrasis I frankly think they are nowhere near being able to outbid Bern. If I had to guess I'd say Bern has roughly double the budget, at least. Unless they are in some kind of financial hardships I'm not aware of.

Reactions: filip85

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
Just read that Oleg Znarok could be the coach of Dinamo Riga. I'm not sure if this is true. They can't afford him IMHO

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Just read that Oleg Znarok could be the coach of Dinamo Riga. I'm not sure if this is true. They can't afford him IMHO
A coach or the coach? as Zubov is currently Head Coach for the coming season.. unless I'm mistaken?

Reactions: rohky

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He can be "senior adviser" or whatnot as long as he lives in Riga and is unemployed anyway. I think that's what the rumor has in mind because otherwise, the team obviously does have a different coach. I also doubt Znarok is even out of Riga's price range at this point. It is fairly likely he doesn't want to coach teams that are fighting for not finishing last though.

Reactions: rohky and Rigafan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad