Dinamo Riga 17/18 - Predicted Gargarin Cup Champions!

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
the most logical fit for Riga (in case of KHL leaving) will be finish-Liiga,if the finish were agree.
Travel+compete level is probably the best combo avaible.

The problem with Liiga is that there are already too many teams and they should drop at least a few. Otherwise I agree, Riga would be an interesting addition to Liiga.

Toro2017

Sep 14, 2017
The problem with Liiga is that there are already too many teams and they should drop at least a few. Otherwise I agree, Riga would be an interesting addition to Liiga.

Maybe there is too man teams, but Liiga would have 16 team right now, if Espoo Blues would still be around. I would welcome Dinamo Riga to Liiga, but maybe swedish system could give them even better competition level (if they can get in it).

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Sandis has left (good for him!) and finally it seems we are shedding our useless import contracts with Peters leaving today also.

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Janis Kalnins (43 GP, 35 GS) has tied Sergejs Naumovs (29 GP, 24 GS) in career Wins. Both of them has 13 now, but Naumovs has 12 in regulation time, Kalnins only 9.
Our great leader Edgars Masalskis has 78 Wins, 63 in regulation time. The news that Masalskis will join the the team staff on the bench saddened me, he would be more useful in the net, because he always played with emotion and had a great respect. Another stupid decision from team management in my opinion.

Reactions: Rigafan

OscarsCards

Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Career milestone tracker for Latvian KHL players:
100 goals:
M. Karsums (F) - 113 (375 GP);
M. Redlihs (F) - 98 (477 GP);
L. Darzins (F) - 88 (398 GP and hasn't played in this season);
M. Indrasis (F) - 75 (286 GP);
K. Daugavins (F) - 57 (214 GP).

100 assists:
M. Redlihs (F) - 126;
L. Darzins (F) - 123;
M. Karsums (F) - 107;
G. Galvins (D) - 99 (371 GP);
K. Redlihs (D) - 90 (393 GP);
M. Indrasis (F) - 82.

100 points:
G. Pujacs (D) - 99 (372 GP);
G. Meija (F) - 81 (385 GP);
K. Sotnieks (D) - 78 (473 GP);
O. Bartulis (D) - 59 (267 GP);
A. Kulda (D) - 52 (242 GP);

TOP active forwards in KHL:
M. Karsums (220 P) overtook L. Darzins (211 P) and is slowly catching M. Redlihs (224 P) in career points scored, M. Indrasis is 4th with 157 and K. Daugavins 5th wih 133 points and next active playing forward is G. Meija with 81 and M. Bicevskis with 46 points.

I counted 13 U20 eligible players who have played in these 10 KHL seasons (6 of those players played in 2015-16 season), 6 of them has scored at least 1 point:
R. Bukarts - 3+4 in 32 GP
R. Abols - 1+4 in 14 GP
K. Zile - 0+3 in 36 GP (in 2 seasons)
R. Cinks - 0+2 in 20 GP (in 2 seasons)
R. Locans - 0+2 in 19 GP
D. Sarkanis - 0+1 in 3 GP

This season U20 eligible player E. Gegeris hasn't scored points in 14 GP (he has played 4 games under a 1 min. on ice, 2 games more than 4
min., 1 game more than 7 and 1 game more than 10 min. on ice).

And J. Kalnins (G) still has only 8 regulation time wins (there are 3 OT and 3 SO wins).

I'm looking forward to watch a game this evening, let's hope for the best.

Last edited:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
This afternoon, I bet on Sibir. So when I checked the score, I also wanted to see who scored and WHEN. OMG
Need to find a replay of those 3 final minutes.

OscarsCards

Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Since Novokuznetsk plays in VHL Dinamo Riga is rocking bottom, Lada and Yugra is 10 points ahead.
Next game against Minsk is 50/50, since Kalnins is playing solid it could be 2:1 or 3:1 with empty net goal game either way.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
SLada and Yugra is 10 points ahead.

This was only a month ago and now, Riga is 2 points ahead of Yugra already. Not the last in the league baby!

Also, seeing as Lauris has 8 points in 7 games after coming back to play the question has to be asked: why the hell did he not play until mid-November? Wanted long vacation? Health problems in the summer? What happened there?

OscarsCards

Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
This was only a month ago and now, Riga is 2 points ahead of Yugra already. Not the last in the league baby!

Also, seeing as Lauris has 8 points in 7 games after coming back to play the question has to be asked: why the hell did he not play until mid-November? Wanted long vacation? Health problems in the summer? What happened there?
He got injury before WCh.

OscarsCards

Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
M. Redlihs vs Vityaz scored his 100th goal in KHL regular seasons, it took 495 games.
Next up L. Darzins with 92 and M. Indrasis with 85.
M. Indrasis with already 18 goals scored is aiming high this season. Only 3 Latvian players has scored 20 goals in season - K. Daugavins 22 in 2014-15 (Dynamo Moskva), L. Darzins 21 in 2010-11 and M. Karsums 21 in 2011-12 (Dinamo Riga).
There has been only 3 40 point seasons - L. Darzins 44 (2010-11) , M. Redlihs 44 (2011-12) and M. Redlihs again with 41 (2010-11). Indrasis now has 32 and counting.

L. Darzins (F) in his 9 games played has scored in 7 games and has 4+5
M. Indrasis (F) in last 5 games has 5+3
M. Redlihs (F) in last 5 games has 2+3
K. Redlihs (D) in last 5 games has 1+4
G. Galvins (D) in last 4 games has 1+3
K. Zile (D) in last 4 games has 1+3

J. Kalnins (G) in his last 7 games has 9 GA, 96.1 SVS%, 1.28 GAA. 3 W, 2 L and 2 SOL.

VVP

Oct 7, 2017
I just watched Dinamo Riga spanked by Swiss at the Spengler Cup and it was pure embarrassment. I was a huge fan of Balderis when I was a kid and it carried into my grown up life I always wanted Dinamo and team Latvia do well at all levels. However this embarrassing display of hockey was just depressing. I am not sure what is going on with hockey in Latvia but it looks dead to me. Considering the worsening demographic situation in this little country I see it worsening even further. Which is very unfortunate. I believe Dinamo should be taken out of the KHL, they are simply not a the league's level.

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
I just watched Dinamo Riga spanked by Swiss at the Spengler Cup and it was pure embarrassment. I was a huge fan of Balderis when I was a kid and it carried into my grown up life I always wanted Dinamo and team Latvia do well at all levels. However this embarrassing display of hockey was just depressing. I am not sure what is going on with hockey in Latvia but it looks dead to me. Considering the worsening demographic situation in this little country I see it worsening even further. Which is very unfortunate. I believe Dinamo should be taken out of the KHL, they are simply not a the league's level.

Well, Mr Putin,

Seen as your good friend is our owner and you keep the Gazprom rubles coming out way, we will be around for a while longer yet!

Stop the money and we'll have to look elsewhere.

I agree though, what the hell is going on.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Judging the team after the game played in a friendly tournament on 2nd day of Christmas :facepalm: Also what does Dinamo struggles have to do with Latvian hockey in general, exactly?

Thirdly, Dinamo has 30 points in the last 22 games. Being at 1.36 points per game pace means other than their horrible start they are just below league average team.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Thirdly, Dinamo has 30 points in the last 22 games. Being at 1.36 points per game pace means other than their horrible start they are just below league average team.
Over the last 5 KHL-games, Riga is tied third in the conference. Over the 10 last games, Riga is 8th.

OscarsCards

Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Emīls Ģēģeris is only the third Latvian U20 player who have scored a goal in KHL regular season. Other two players are Ro. Bukarts (3) and R. Ābols (1).

OscarsCards

Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
At last!!! Miks Indrašis with his 20th goal of the season, well deserved. He has become only the 4th Latvian KHL player to achieve 20 scored goal mark in one regular season.
Kaspars Daugaviņš scored 22 goals in 2014-15 playing in Dynamo Moscow;
Lauris Dārziņš scored 21 goal in 2010-11 playing for Dinamo Riga;
Mārtiņš Karsums scored 21 goal in 2011-12 playing for Dinamo Riga.

I was so excited about this fact that I forgot that he also scored his 40th point in the season and he's only the 3rd Latvian KHL player who have done it.
Lauris Dārziņš scored 44 points in 45 GP in 2010-11 playing for Dinamo Riga;
Miķelis Rēdlihs scored 41 point in 54 GP in 2010-11 and 44 points in 54 games in 2011-12 playing for Dinamo Riga.

HockeyBeherit

Jun 17, 2017
Helsinki Area
Hello again fellow Riga fans!

After arriving home yesterday night from the Jokerit invasion of Riga, Latvia, I stumbled across this thought: has there been such invasions by Dinamo fans, where thousands of Dinamo fans travel to a road game for a week end (Minsk, Bratislava, Helsinki, St. Petersburg)? Ok, maybe Russia and Belarus are hard just because of the countries and visas and byrogracy, but there are plenty of good places to travel to!

I'd really like to see Latvian fans to take over Hartwall Arena, show Jokerit fans how to invade. You guys are so ridiculoysly loud it would be enjoyable.

P.S. I've been a bit offline this Dinamo thing this season, I feel so bad for you actual Dinamo fans. What would it take to make Dinamo a playoff team again?

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Hello again fellow Riga fans!

After arriving home yesterday night from the Jokerit invasion of Riga, Latvia, I stumbled across this thought: has there been such invasions by Dinamo fans, where thousands of Dinamo fans travel to a road game for a week end (Minsk, Bratislava, Helsinki, St. Petersburg)? Ok, maybe Russia and Belarus are hard just because of the countries and visas and byrogracy, but there are plenty of good places to travel to!

I'd really like to see Latvian fans to take over Hartwall Arena, show Jokerit fans how to invade. You guys are so ridiculoysly loud it would be enjoyable.

P.S. I've been a bit offline this Dinamo thing this season, I feel so bad for you actual Dinamo fans. What would it take to make Dinamo a playoff team again?

According to one post on this forum we are only spending around €5m - by far the lowest on the list. There was a season, last i think, where the total budget was something like €12 which just isn't enough, clearly!

We need to try attract and recruit some quality imports. The team has suffered since OZO reitred. There is no presence on D anymore. I like how we try be Team Latvia but unless we are just in the KHL to make up numbers, it isn't going to work.

As for travelling fans - I've seen Riga fans on almost every live games I've watched, regardless where they are playing! You always seen many in Minsk and Moscow. I met some Amur fans at Riga last year, they were mini celebrities considering the distance they had just travelled to watch Amur lose!

HockeyBeherit

Jun 17, 2017
Helsinki Area

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Keep in mind this is all about travel costs. They are huge in the KHL while in the SHL you just need some fuel for a bus. So undoubtedly quite a few (probably most, even) SHL teams have more expensive roster than Riga.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->