Confirmed with Link: Dillon to Jets for 2 second round picks

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I think they should still move Schultz given their depth on the right side. No way he doesn’t have positive trade value. TVR needs to play.

Reactions: Hivemind

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Not the defenseman I wanted to move for cap reasons, but it’s understandable considering the value here compared to having to potentially pay to move Schultz. Hopefully they can still find a taker on Schultz from a GM who gets hypnotized by his points totals.

As of this second the D is something like
Orlov - Jensen (shutdown)
Fehervary - Carlson (O Zone)
Alexeyev - Schultz/TvR

I could see them adding a cheap LD from the flat cap scraps, similar to what they did with TvR last year. Might need to clear a bit more cap still to do it, depending on Ovie and Sammy.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Running the numbers, if the $10M Ovechkin extension is legit, they may not need to absolutely move anyone else. They probably want to get out of Kempny's contract more than anyone else for more flexibility and better use elsewhere. I can definitely see them including that 2nd in '23 to ship him to Arizona.

But if Samsonov agrees to his QO they'd have a good $1.2M left for a back-up. They just wouldn't have room to do anything else beyond league minimum signings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad