Dilemma in San Jose

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I might be in the minority, but if we have to keep one, I'd rather keep brown than burish

Talk about picking your poison. :laugh:
Even though I really dislike Burish's all talk and no action, I'd still take him since at least he's shown some skill in the past (I think Brown has looked better than Burish so far this season though).
I'd rather keep Scott than both of them since he hopefully won't be re-signed after this season.

TheHockeyRant

Apr 19, 2014
Reno, NV
I think Burish has far more value. He kills penalties and is good in the face-off circle.
I also like that the Sharks kept Hannan. Signing a shady free agent or putting 100% of their faith in Mueller is a little too hasty. Giving Hannan 40-50 games isn't an issue to me.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think Burish has far more value. He kills penalties and is good in the face-off circle.
I also like that the Sharks kept Hannan. Signing a shady free agent or putting 100% of their faith in Mueller is a little too hasty. Giving Hannan 40-50 games isn't an issue to me.

Burish's faceoff capability is very replaceable. His penalty killing is terrible. He has been an awful signing from day one. Hannan is also useless at this point and has been. He was useful during his rental stint but since then has not been NHL caliber for his spot. They shouldn't have given faith in Mueller but they should've found someone better for that 6th/7th spot than Hannan.

19sharks19

Mar 16, 2006
T.O. to S.J. & back
Burish's faceoff capability is very replaceable. His penalty killing is terrible. He has been an awful signing from day one. Hannan is also useless at this point and has been. He was useful during his rental stint but since then has not been NHL caliber for his spot. They shouldn't have given faith in Mueller but they should've found someone better for that 6th/7th spot than Hannan.

Totally agree PF. With Burish and Hayes or Scott or Brown out there, our 4th line has got to be in the top running for the worst fourth line in the league. I feel sorry for Desi out there as everyone he is positioned alongside, is simply awful. I'd rather we implant more youth into these roles then the trash we have there now. Thus, we have issues with depth support continuing. And Hannan; there were many options sitting in front of management. He should not have been one of them.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad