Difference in skate stiffness?

Phoenix

Mar 26, 2006
Does anyone know if the same model skate in a Junior versus Senior skate, would have a lower relative stiffness?

I will be buying either the Bauer x60s, 50s or 40s, but was concerned that a top-end skate might be too stiff for me. However I just fit into a Junior skate, so I thought Bauer possibly may take Junior bodyweights into consideration?

Surely if they produce even Youth skates in the model they would think of the child's weight?

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Generally yes. For the same model a size 6 (senior) would be stiffer than a size 5 1/2 (junior).

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
Does anyone know if the same model skate in a Junior versus Senior skate, would have a lower relative stiffness?

I will be buying either the Bauer x60s, 50s or 40s, but was concerned that a top-end skate might be too stiff for me. However I just fit into a Junior skate, so I thought Bauer possibly may take Junior bodyweights into consideration?

Surely if they produce even Youth skates in the model they would think of the child's weight?

the answer is yes, however, i know that bauer recognizes that many adults will fit into the bigger jr sizes and therefore incremementally decreases stiffness with size unlike the dramatic difference with some other companies.

Phoenix

Mar 26, 2006
Thanks,

Would you expect the x50 to be too stiff for me - I play twice a week, rec hockey, and weight 60kg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad