DieHard Playoff Avatars (Completed and Requested)

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Will I still be welcome here if I keep my current avatar?

NO. :sarcasm:

lol, it's just whatever people's preference is, as always on this board ha.

If you DO want an avatar, let me know if you --and the board--come up with a specific idea for it. I feel like there's something there with mclovin, but I can't think of it.

@Blueline Bomber -- not familiar with the reference. (I may be missing something obvious). Let me know how you'd like to work it in though and I'll work on it.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
@WreckingCrew liked the classical one as well, so I'm happy to make this request for you :)

@Joe McGrath lol. I updated the claimed thread post so it's clearer what's been claimed. I'd be happy to do some riff on that or another one for you (e.g. taco bell, bojangles , yipee ki ya etc). Let me know either way.
Awww snap, I didn't realize you had requested it right before me (nor did I fully realize we were doing 1/person since I was briefly browsing on break)

Reactions: LostInaLostWorld

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
0WeF-qZ0kxTLHbwvDcGUVYRP6OLn4Bz_0PJ9BCMDm9edszO4YtX7n6Wst1j_iY6SLdZHtnnYqxap56Biq6skTNZYZTyEOafd1iV8lhrDqt_p5DMuircjLuBsiEbjMenBkj7EsKD8yVVxjTDztOFO
Perhaps Doogie's head with a towel since he's always doing his shirtless interviews (in fact, there should definitely be a shirtless Doogie avatar)

Reactions: Lempo

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Nah, the Leafs drive Dangle crazy. He's pretty clear about that.

If Dangle is in a relationship with the Leafs, Carolina would be friend from college that only shows up every few years, but convinces you to make a bunch of terrible decisions with them because "I'll only be here for a bit."

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
Dearest @3CanesInTheBox,

It has been a trying war. We have marched all over the south in search of victory. The boys of troop F26 have kept morale high through tales of battles won but sadly we still lack paraphernalia of our exploits. We have had some particularly trying times in marching on Detroit. Memories of those disasterous days will be long burned into my memories. Truly trying times.

I hope this letter finds you well. We are expecting an attack from those scoundrels from Nashville any day now. Who would dare to attack us in piss colored fatigues? Clearly they are an uncouth bunch. It is expected to stretch over several days.

Strength has been tested but the short break will be welcome.

I write to you while feasting on home cooked North Carolina barbecue and I must say that this heaven compared to the slop they serve in Tennessee. I kindly request a banner to fly as we approach war again. You are the only one who could depict our men in their best light.

Warmest Regards,

Jurco

Last edited:

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Dearest @3CanesInTheBox,

It has been a trying war. We have marched all over the south in search of victory. The boys of troop F26 have kept morale high through tales of battles won but sadly we still lack paraphernalia of our exploits. We have had some particularly trying times in marching on Detroit. Memories of those disasterous days will be long burned into my memories. Truly trying times.

I hope this letter finds you well. We are expecting an attack from those scoundrels from Nashville any day now. Who would dare to attack us in piss colored fatigues? Clearly they are an uncouth bunch. It is expected to stretch over several days.

I write to you while feasting on home cooked North Carolina barbecue and I must say that this heaven compared to the slop they serve in Tennessee. I kindly request a banner to fly as we approach war again. You are the only one who could depict our men in their best light.

Warmest Regards,

Jurco

This is one the best things I've ever read! :laugh:

Reactions: Tryamw

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
When they say someone is lacking paraphernalia, is it all instantly clear to you native speakers what is being said and meant, or do you have initial groping in darkness moments like me where you need a moment to sort it out that no one is missing an internal organ that makes insulin or anything?

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
When they say someone is lacking paraphernalia, is it all instantly clear to you native speakers what is being said and meant, or do you have initial groping in darkness moments like me where you need a moment to sort it out that no one is missing an internal organ that makes insulin or anything?
Hell if I know. You're a better English speaker than I am.

Edit: By the way, I guess I'm due for an avatar update. I've also, uh, never seen Die Hard. So I'll just take the unclaimed Stormy one unless anybody objects.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Dearest @3CanesInTheBox,

Warmest Regards,

Jurco
IF YOU WONDER WHY I HAVEN’T LIKED THIS… ‘TIS SO FOR I CANNOT.(temporarily)

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Hell if I know. You're a better English speaker than I am.

Edit: By the way, I guess I'm due for an avatar update. I've also, uh, never seen Die Hard. So I'll just take the unclaimed Stormy one unless anybody objects.

tenor.gif

LOL. You should. it's just an amazing popcorn action flick.

ETA: I've updated the second post for those who requested avatars if it wasn't clear.

I'll post the most recent requests here, too, for clarity.

@Navin R Slavin

CgoRUiR.gif

@tarheelhockey

RE1jeKV.gif

@Stickpucker (let me know if this is what you had in mind)

TgutBRs.gif

@Roboturner913

280kcdv.gif

@Joe McGrath

H3v1DS4.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: tarheelhockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad