Did you tear up after finding out about JT91?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewYorkIsles

Jun 30, 2012
Nassau County
Be honest did you cry or at least shed a tear after finding out JT91 has multiple ligament damage? I know I did, this has immediate long term and short term effects. This injury is severe.

*You can move this to the proper thread i just wanted the poll*

scott99

May 13, 2005
I was extremely saddened by the injury. It just reminds me of all the ****** bad luck the Islanders have had since the glory years. It reminded me of Turgeon's injury, and Turgeon was never the same explosive player. It reminded me of missed opportunities in the draft that always haunt the team, Cheveldayoff instead of Sakic, and unlucky draft slots like in 1990 where we had the 6th slot instead of the 5th, wound up with Scott Scissons instead of Jaromir Jagr, and then a year later with the 4th slot instead of the 3rd, and wound up with Scott Lachance instead of Scott Niedermayer. Just all around bad luck surrounding this team since the 4 Cups. Bad luck, bad decisions, etc. Just almost 30 years of **** happening to this team. It really seems like the franchise is cursed. Hopefully out of this bad luck, we wind up picking Ekblad in the 2014 draft. BUT, if they feel JT won't be ready for the start of 2014-15, maybe we should give that pick to Buffalo because we probably will be in the running for McDavid. My thoughts, if we can get Ekblad, grab him, if we can't, trade the pick.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
I was extremely saddened by the injury. It just reminds me of all the ****** bad luck the Islanders have had since the glory years. It reminded me of Turgeon's injury, and Turgeon was never the same explosive player. It reminded me of missed opportunities in the draft that always haunt the team, Cheveldayoff instead of Sakic, and unlucky draft slots like in 1990 where we had the 6th slot instead of the 5th, wound up with Scott Scissons instead of Jaromir Jagr, and then a year later with the 4th slot instead of the 3rd, and wound up with Scott Lachance instead of Scott Niedermayer. Just all around bad luck surrounding this team since the 4 Cups. Bad luck, bad decisions, etc. Just almost 30 years of **** happening to this team. It really seems like the franchise is cursed. Hopefully out of this bad luck, we wind up picking Ekblad in the 2014 draft. BUT, if they feel JT won't be ready for the start of 2014-15, maybe we should give that pick to Buffalo because we probably will be in the running for McDavid. My thoughts, if we can get Ekblad, grab him, if we can't, trade the pick.

Ugh, sad but true, and being in my 20's I don't remember any glory years, I don't remember seeing them win a playoff series. The greatest memory I have is watching Shawn Bates score a penalty shot goal to beat the leafs in the 01-02 playoffs.

I just hope that the JT injury is only minor, if it isn't the Isles are in a whole bunch of trouble.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
can we not push the panic button yet?

Realistically the Islanders would have to go something like 19-3 or better to make the playoffs, panic button time happened weeks ago

If the Islanders were 4-5 spots out of a playoff spot you could argue it's panic button time, but at this point we are beyond panicing

scott99

May 13, 2005
Ugh, sad but true, and being in my 20's I don't remember any glory years, I don't remember seeing them win a playoff series. The greatest memory I have is watching Shawn Bates score a penalty shot goal to beat the leafs in the 01-02 playoffs.

I just hope that the JT injury is only minor, if it isn't the Isles are in a whole bunch of trouble.

Hate to tell you WMG, all reports are saying its a major knee injury, some reporting they are almost sure it's at least one ligament tear. Love JT, my favorite Islander since Palffy and Berard, and was a big fan of his even before he became an Islander. I bought Tavares rookie cards a year before we drafted him. Always wanted him to be an Islander, was at his first NHL game, and still have it on my DVR. This absolutely kills me, and makes me not care about hockey. And Hockey is my passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad