did we trade the wrong goalie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
:cry:

Halak leads, or is tied for the lead, in all goalie categories...

This place is in love with price and, I don't understand why, he has done nothing special; yet, he's treat as if he is some god.

He reminds me of Luongo, and his time in florida, except without such good numbers on a bad team.

Halak reminds me of Kipper, a guy that can win games on his own but will have his share of off nights.

IMO, we traded the wrong guy, and we probably get more for price.

:rant:

pine*

Is this for real? He had a 14 save shutout.

Sometimes I question the sanity of this fanbase.

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
images

Digger03

Aug 13, 2005
London,ON
Hahaha after one game Halak is leading in all categories! We have no issues at Goalie but we def need some help scoring and i cant wait till PK comes back as the PP gave me nightmares last night I woke up in my sleep last night screaming " SET up the box and Pass!!!!!" fer f sakes it was just a bad dream! lol

AIRic

Nov 30, 2007
N.-B.
Halak faced 14 shots yesterday. 2 in the first period. He only made one good save in the only real scoring chance. St. Louis runs a very effective machine that will make every goalies look good. Hell, even Elliot was spectacular in the Hitchcock system. Put Price on that team and you would get similar or better result.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
:cry:

Halak leads, or is tied for the lead, in all goalie categories...

This place is in love with price and, I don't understand why, he has done nothing special; yet, he's treat as if he is some god.

He reminds me of Luongo, and his time in florida, except without such good numbers on a bad team.

Halak reminds me of Kipper, a guy that can win games on his own but will have his share of off nights.

IMO, we traded the wrong guy, and we probably get more for price.

:rant:

I won't be so quick to dismiss your posts as others are. I was fully supportive and entirely comfortable going forward with either goalie.

I still feel Carey gets adored a little too much around here. I don't think he's anywhere near a top 5 goalie and certainly not worth being the 3rd highest paid goalie in the league, but he's a very good goalie. I was happy either way.

Just a word of advice. You lose a bit of credibility posting this immediately after Halak records a 14 save shutout though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->