Speculation: Did we see Kadri's last game in a Leafs Uniform?

Are the Leafs looking to move Kadri at the TDL?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Please hear me out.

I know this might not be popular, but Kadri's contract has always seemed like an intermediate one. He's been a good soldier for the team, but the return on him (a 2nd line C that can get you 25-30 goals a season) could be a top 4 D.

Do we see Nylander at 3C soon or next season?

Is it time to pull the trigger using Kadri?

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
He has not played his last game, but this is an interesting angle to play for sure. I think Nylander is more than capable of playing C and actually looks even more engaged when doing so.

I doubt we see this happen though. Johnsson or Kapanen are our main trade chip with Bracco as the ELC replacement.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Its been said a million times. You dont trade impact players on cheap contracts.

Is that why they didn't trade Bozak at the TDL last year?

Come on. If Dubas wants his man he's going to have to move a guy like Kadri. He's not untouchable and you know it.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Possibly. But if he's getting moved it won't be this season.

One thing I would really like to see though is Kadri being tried on LW for either Tavares' or Matthews' line.

Reactions: Menzinger

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I don't like the wording on either vote option. But no, I don't think he's getting traded at the deadline. I don't think it would happen if he was healthy, and I doubt it happens while he's out with a concussion.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Could be.
The concussion could put a stop to any possible move anyway.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
No.

I mean even if Nylander looks absolutely dominant down the middle, Dubas isn’t going to give up a centre so close to the playoffs, it would be an offseason move should it come to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad