Did we have a better lineup last year?

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
My assumption with the Vanek situation was the price was very high around the time we went for Miller, so that's why we chose Miller. Army showed strong interest in Vanek before he was traded to New York, so I'm sure he was still interested.

Since we went for Miller well before the deadline, it kind of limited our options and we had to dump Roy to make any deal work. That's why I think there were Roy rumors. New York probably didn't want to take any salary dumps and we couldn't find any takers for Roy, meaning we couldn't make a deal for Vanek.

Schwartz-Backes-Oshie
Vanek-Steen-Tarasenko
Berglund-Sobotka-Paajarvi/Morrow
Ott/Morrow-Lapierre-Reaves

That would be the ideal lineup. I also think the above situation would've been the same for Spezza and Kesler and that's why there were Roy rumors. Army wasn't planning on dumping Roy just to dump him.

Spot on in getting Vanek, Armstrong was very interested in obtaining. Hardly a surprise anyone wasn't interested in getting Roy.
Spezza's had interest as well but nothing materialized there also, I know there was interest. Stewart would have been part of the package but more assets would have to been included of course. As for Kelser, I know he would only accept a trade to 6 teams, anyone know if the Blues are on that list? :dunno:

Last edited:

ejoshie

Aug 26, 2008
Vanek

Hmmmm

28 goals - Bad Teams - 30 years old, Streaky. Takes Shifts off.

Hey we already had two of those guys just last summer.

Made less money and were younger too :yo:

Armstrong has done a fantastic job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad