Did Toews touch the Campbell Bowl

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Oh please. I wish just for the HFBoards reaction someone would pick it up and kiss it, wave it around, and Gronk Spike it on the ice.

MadhouseOnMadison

Man crush on Amonte
Oct 15, 2010
Oh please. I wish just for the HFBoards reaction someone would pick it up and kiss it, wave it around, and Gronk Spike it on the ice.

lol give it a little dry hump and then punt it into the crowd. The only captain I can think of that would actually consider it is Ovechkin.

Seventeen Twos

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
Video please. I don't have the technology ATM. I replayed it on my TV several times and saw a Blackhawk touch it. I'm sure it was Toews and I am confident I will be vindicated in time.

Banana Sandwiches

Jul 18, 2011
Silly superstition, especially since Toews and the Hawks have won multiple Cups.

Scott Stevens touched the Prince of Wales trophy in 2003 and the Devils won the Stanley Cup.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I actually want to see someone pick it up and shake it around just to say screw superstition and then go win the cup... and not touch it :sarcasm:

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
I swear one captain in the last ten or so years raised their conference championship and said I don't believe about the superstition. Can't recall who though.

Crosby picked it up in 2009 because he didn't touch it in 2008 and they ended up losing in the final.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
PWT2002.jpg

2002 Canes

hurricanes-2006-eastern-conference-champs-with-the-prince-of-wales-trophy.jpg

2006 Canes

To be honest, I didn't believe in the superstition. Until 2006. I do think it's a mental thing. Few people thought the 02 Canes had a chance at the cup, and many on the team were happy to be in the SCF. The 2006 Canes, with a few holdovers (Brindy and Wesley especially) would have none of it. Man I wish we'd make the playoffs again. I miss the magic.

Phaneufed

We The North
Dec 24, 2006
Calgary
This superstition (and all superstitions for that matter, really...) are garbage. Touching a trophy that 13/15 other teams didn't win that year is something to be proud of, not to be weary of.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Silly superstition. They earned that trophy, no reason not to enjoy that accomplishment even for a couple minutes.

If both captains of the respective winners touched the trophy, well, it would mean that one of them wasn't felled by bad luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad