News Article: Did the Detroit Red Wings Get Better?

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
only KH knows , we could only guess . I think at the end of the season we will trade Vanek and Nyquist for pics and probably 1 of defenseman on the beginning of the season . Rasmussen will have full rocky season and we will have Zadina and Hronek at the end of the season . I think Hicketts will be with wings at least from the beginning of the season.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
only KH knows , we could only guess . I think at the end of the season we will trade Vanek and Nyquist for pics and probably 1 of defenseman on the beginning of the season . Rasmussen will have full rocky season and we will have Zadina and Hronek at the end of the season . I think Hicketts will be with wings at least from the beginning of the season.
Why would KH know? He’s guessing like the rest of us, lol.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Bad article. I think its pretty clear the wings are rebuilding. Oh no they signed Green for 2 years? Hes going to destroy the tank right? No, because they still suck iwth him. But maybe now Larkin Zadina Mantha Rasmussen etc can have a guy that can pass them the puck on the blue line and help develop. Some people might not like re signing him but its not like its some horrible travesty and going to make the wings a bubble playoff team

The wings arent becoming the Minnesota Wild because they re signed Green, this guy doesnt have a clue. Green might be semi comparable to a DUmba, but theyre working on drafting their Suter, Spurgeon and Brodin. As well as getting a Parise

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Too soon. Images rushing back to me.
Chelios flying in private yet to Wisconsin.
I am voiceless. The never should. The beautiful horror.
Suter buys SUV from Detroit dealership.
A darkness beyond blackest pitch, deeper than the deepest night.

Ricelund...

index.php

Full disclaimer for Ricelund, I also heard from people I trusted that it was as good as done back then....

Reactions: Konnan511

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Few teams, if any, nailed the draft’s opening round like the Red Wings did, lucking into two enticing talents who never should’ve fallen to them in the first place.

Are people really serious with this non-sense???

Can’t believe I am seeing people pre-emptively discrediting the Zadina and Veleno picks in the event they become good players...

I’ve been ready to move on from Holland for awhile, but that is just f***ing ridiculous.

Any good pick that occurs outside the top 3 involves someone jumping on a guy other team’s shouldn’t have let slip. Holland chose to take Zadina even with a draft that featured some good defenseman and a glaring need on the back end. He deserves credit for that if it works out.

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Are people honestly serious with this non-sense?!?

Can’t believe I am seeing people pre-emptively discrediting the Zadina and Veleno picks in the event they become good players...

I’ve been ready to move on from Holland for awhile, but that is just ****ing ridiculous.

Any good pick that occurs outside the top 3 involves someone jumping on a guy other team’s shouldn’t have let slip. Holland chose to take Zadina even with a draft that featured some good defenseman and a glaring need on the back end. He will deserve credit for that if it works out.
I believe we got at least 4 NHL players from this draft , but only time will show if KH drafted good last couple seasons

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Bad article. I think its pretty clear the wings are rebuilding. Oh no they signed Green for 2 years? Hes going to destroy the tank right? No, because they still suck iwth him. But maybe now Larkin Zadina Mantha Rasmussen etc can have a guy that can pass them the puck on the blue line and help develop. Some people might not like re signing him but its not like its some horrible travesty and going to make the wings a bubble playoff team

The wings arent becoming the Minnesota Wild because they re signed Green, this guy doesnt have a clue. Green might be semi comparable to a DUmba, but theyre working on drafting their Suter, Spurgeon and Brodin. As well as getting a Parise
Speaking of Minnesota aren’t we so damn lucky we didn’t get Suter and Parise

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Keep wondering when we will reach the ”rebuilding” status.

When we’re bottom 3? Bottom 1?

15 picks in a draft? 20?

No players over 30 on the roster? No players over 25?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
You'd think with as much as the Leafs have sucked over the last 20 years captain dips*** would know what a rebuild looks like.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Not sure if we got worse, doesn't feel like we got better either. I'd say we're treading water unfortunately

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Re-signing Green to a 2 year deal gives Holland a chance to deal him for picks prior to the 2020 draft, so that's a no-brainer.

Signing Bernier allows for Howard to be dealt without having the team start a AHL goalie, something that would cripple the little creative we still have and probably piss off the players, imagine as a player trying your best to win games and then have a goalie that doesn't belong in the NHL in the net.

Vanek signing is a head-scratcher tbh, especially considering the ntc.

Reactions: golffuul

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
The last line hits the point for me, after a long series of bad arguments. Adding Zadina absolutely makes the team better, long term.

The FA signings are a constant, persistent step backwards in the name of eking out a couple of extra points per season, in the desperate hope that the team will somehow back into another first round exit.

Reactions: jkutswings

RedWingsDad

Jul 30, 2013
Color me shocked that a representative of an original six rival and current conference rival painted the team's situation in a negative light. There are probably a lot of cross-over Leafs cans that like the Red Wings, so I'm sure die-hard Toronto fans (and Toronto management from a fiscal perspective) want to see Detroit go down and stay down.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Better forwards, worse defense. Hopefully the next guy finds a way to help that imbalance.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
The development of players of Larkin, Mantha, AA, Bertuzzi, etc. will determine whether or not the team improves. They will be the ones driving this team next season.

Reactions: hkydave04

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
The development of players of Larkin, Mantha, AA, Bertuzzi, etc. will determine whether or not the team improves. They will be the ones driving this team next season.
Except if they drive us to a 1st round exit we get to blame the veterans. Actually we blame the veterans if we finish bottom 5 as well. Don’t ask me how that works.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Except if they drive us to a 1st round exit we get to blame the veterans. Actually we blame the veterans if we finish bottom 5 as well. Don’t ask me how that works.

It's ridiculously disingenuous to conflate the two. But then, you know that and you're doing it anyway. Anything to antagonize and demean anyone who doesn't agree with you, I guess.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
It's ridiculously disingenuous to conflate the two. But then, you know that and you're doing it anyway. Anything to antagonize and demean anyone who doesn't agree with you, I guess.
If anything is disingenuous it’s describing the Wings as a mediocre, non-rebuilding team that due to Vanek and Green will be equal to the Minnesota Wild rather than staying in the bottom 5.
”Wings suck so much! Look at all these bad veteran contracts.”
”What are the Wings doing? Signing veterans instead of being bad and rebuilding???”
Like.. pick one stance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad