Boston Bruins Did The Bruins Make A Blunder In Barstool Partnership?

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Not a fan of Barstool at all.

However, the only way it is a blunder is if it affects the relationship between the Bruins and their own fans. I suspect it won't.

Reactions: veganbruin

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah I very much don't give a crack about your opinion. Eff off.

lol typical

It wasn’t an opinion by the way. There is no base to your comments. It’s just conjecture because you don’t like them. What have they done to incite violence? Not a damn thing

A handful of anonymous internet trolls on twitter harass people that take shots at something they like. If we are going to be holding websites accountable for anonymous trolls and their actions then HF had a literal murderer posting about Alexander mogilny or Fedorov or some shit on here. Is that their fault he liked the website? No. We don’t hold them accountable for that, nor should we. It’s a massive website with a lot of fans/posters. Much like barstool.

Last edited:

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
Yeah I very much don't give a crack about your opinion. Eff off.
Jeez Gordie, that’s pretty rude.

If you don’t show some respect to my fellow stoolies the Portnoy Army might have to take care of you. #PortnoyMafia

/s

Last edited:

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
I'm not going to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't like (plenty of people take offense to things I find funny), although I don't care for their bigoted and misogynistic non-sports content. What I find unconscionable is the infantile bullying and harassment of their critics.

The Bruins have plenty of sponsors and partnerships with many businesses any number of people might find objectionable for all sorts of reasons, even the ownership of the team itself. To my knowledge, none of those businesses encourage a lynch mob to personally attack, bully and harass their media critics.

Reactions: veganbruin

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I keep seeing bigoted and racist but have yet to see an example of that provided

It’s almost like people who don’t like them form their opinions from the twitter echo chamber instead of actually knowing who they are or what they do

My favorite is when they call barstool anti-Semitic.

“Lynch mob”.....yeah definitely not a horrific comparison to make. Barstool are the the ones that are bigoted, not the ppl comparing 5 anonymous twitter trolls to lynching

My golden rule: if you don’t want to get hit by rocks don’t throw rocks at other people by calling them rapists or racists. There are no “lynch mobs” (lol) if that happens

Last edited:

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Barstool is dumb and frankly a little too frat-bro culture for me. However, I think this whole story is a bit much and people are taking a chance now that the Bruins are on such a huge stage to bring this up. As much as I wish sports organizations were more progressive, the fact is that’s just not really their audience.

The Patriots are literally my political opposite and I still root for them.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
I keep seeing bigoted and racist but have yet to see an example of that provided

It’s almost like people who don’t like them form their opinions from the twitter echo chamber instead of actually knowing who they are or what they do

My favorite is when they call barstool anti-Semitic.

“Lynch mob”.....yeah definitely not a horrific comparison to make. Barstool are the the ones that are bigoted, not the ppl comparing 5 anonymous twitter trolls to lynching

My golden rule: if you don’t want to get hit by rocks don’t throw rocks at other people by calling them rapists or racists. There are no “lynch mobs” (lol) if that happens
Nail on the head.

I wasn’t big on Barstool when it first started, but eased in. Heard all this talk about being anti women, racist and the whole 9.

I drive for work now so listen to a lot of barstool radio. Some shows are trash, some okay, some great, some inconsistent. Most are filled with adult level jokes and (brace yourselves!) some bad words! If that’s not your cup of tea, fine, but quit the SJW captain save the radio rubbish for something else. I’m not sure how you can listen to these guys and form the opinion that they’re (insert negative political buzz word meant to create hysteria and turn everyone against them)

The saddest part, it’s a bunch of adults getting offended by this stuff. Grow up

Reactions: NMF

TrashPanda

Feb 24, 2019
Invariably in my life, people using the terms SJW and outrage culture tend to be the biggest complainers going. This thread is certainly holding to form in that regard.

Carry on though.

Reactions: CptxMorgan

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Invariably in my life, people using the terms SJW and outrage culture tend to be the biggest complainers going. This thread is certainly holding to form in that regard.

Carry on though.

Not really. People are tired of the phony outrage machine constantly getting “upset” over stuff that shouldn’t even impact them and are pushing back. If that’s complaining to you, then so be it.

Carry on though

TrashPanda

Feb 24, 2019
Not really. People are tired of the phony outrage machine constantly getting “upset” over stuff that shouldn’t even impact them and are pushing back. If that’s complaining to you, then so be it.

Carry on though

Not really? that’s my observation, not really open to your interpretation of it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
And yet 4 pages later here we are....

Because people are making ridiculous claims with no substance about a company they want to bitch about. Instead of supplying examples I get hit with an “eff off” lol

people are in here comparing a handful of (Disgusting) twitter trolls to lynchings while in the same post calling others bigoted. Wanna talk about what’s insulting to black people and their experience in this country? There is a good place to start

Last edited:

TrashPanda

Feb 24, 2019
Because people are making ridiculous claims with no substance about a company they want to ***** about. Instead of supplying examples I get hit with an “eff off” lol

people are in here comparing a handful of (Disgusting) twitter trolls to lynchings while in the same post calling others bigoted. Wanna talk about what’s insulting to black people and their experience in this country? There is a good place to start

There’s plenty of tasteless stuff they have done with plenty of substance behind it. You seem happy to defend the edge cases and loopholes as though that absolves them of all of it. They aren’t bigots and aren’t inciting murder. Cool. Hell half the defenses of them in this thread start with yeah they do a bunch of bad stuff but...

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
There’s plenty of tasteless stuff they have done with plenty of substance behind it. You seem happy to defend the edge cases and loopholes as though that absolves them of all of it. They aren’t bigots and aren’t inciting murder. Cool. Hell half the defenses of them in this thread start with yeah they do a bunch of bad stuff but...
You are actually being the epitome of what @CDJ is referring too.

Generic complaining of something you find tasteless with no specific example while the other poster gave actual examples. So instead of just live and let live with people liking different things you come across with a tone of that there should be a towel bon fire in the Commons.

Meanwhile are you upset with Barstool or @CDJ ? Kind of hard to tell.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You are actually being the epitome of what @CDJ is referring too.

Generic complaining of something you find tasteless with no specific example while the other poster gave actual examples. So instead of just live and let live with people liking different things you come across with a tone of that there should be a towel bon fire in the Commons.

Meanwhile are you upset with Barstool or @CDJ ? Kind of hard to tell.

To be honest Donnie I had no idea somebody was talking about me but I appreciate you :)

Here’s the thing- there are legitimate complaints to be made about barstool. They are far from a perfect company. They even admit so. It’s definitely not everybody’s cup of tea. I just take exception when people paint a large number of people with a broad brush based off of absolutely nothing

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
To be honest Donnie I had no idea somebody was talking about me but I appreciate you :)

Here’s the thing- there are legitimate complaints to be made about barstool. They are far from a perfect company. They even admit so. It’s definitely not everybody’s cup of tea. I just take exception when people paint a large number of people with a broad brush based off of absolutely nothing
That is exactly where I am as well.

As you saw in the early stages of this thread of me pointing out how people get so “offended” by this but they won’t say diddly about something they support t like the Globe that has had rampant sexual harassment swept under the rug for years.

But a towel?....The horror...

Reactions: BMC and Chief Nine

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Sell the towel on Ebay or Amazon- win win. You get rid of the free towel and make a profit!

That said, I have no idea who Barstool is, sorry. :laugh:

Reactions: BMC

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
You do realize this thread is about people upset over towels?

I have not seen a person in real life, on facebook or elsewhere complain about them(the towels specifically, not Barstool in general that's their entire business model). No women, no minorities, absolutely no one. The real manufactured outrage is pretending there was an 'outrage' to begin with so people can whine about PC culture despite still being able to say whatever they want.

Also, Fox News (and MSNBC for that matter) is a safe space disguised as a news outlet.

Last edited:

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
"I know for a fact that every day at ESPN, all the suits and all the lawyers they have their daily 9:15 coffee meeting on how can we fire Sam Ponder without being sued for discrimination,” Portnoy says. “She’s the worst. No person who watches GameDay wants to see a picture of her and her ugly kid. Nobody cares, Sam Ponder. We want to see you sex it up and be slutty and not be some prude f–king jerk who everybody hates."

Explicit Rant Targeting Sam Ponder is Major Reason Why She's Not a Fan of Barstool-ESPN Partnership

"ESPN host Sam Ponder has been a target of Portnoy. She publicly criticized Portnoy for making derogatory statements about her. Those revelations contributed to ESPN canceling a show with Barstool after just one episode. (As a reminder, Portnoy called her a "Bible-thumping freak," wrote that her job's "#1 requirement" was to "make men hard" and said she should be more "sl----.") "

'It's just not fair': Barstool Sports founder Dave Portnoy defends his site against accusations of toxicity and misogyny

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
"I know for a fact that every day at ESPN, all the suits and all the lawyers they have their daily 9:15 coffee meeting on how can we fire Sam Ponder without being sued for discrimination,” Portnoy says. “She’s the worst. No person who watches GameDay wants to see a picture of her and her ugly kid. Nobody cares, Sam Ponder. We want to see you sex it up and be ****ty and not be some prude f–king jerk who everybody hates."

Explicit Rant Targeting Sam Ponder is Major Reason Why She's Not a Fan of Barstool-ESPN Partnership

"ESPN host Sam Ponder has been a target of Portnoy. She publicly criticized Portnoy for making derogatory statements about her. Those revelations contributed to ESPN canceling a show with Barstool after just one episode. (As a reminder, Portnoy called her a "Bible-thumping freak," wrote that her job's "#1 requirement" was to "make men hard" and said she should be more "sl----.") "

'It's just not fair': Barstool Sports founder Dave Portnoy defends his site against accusations of toxicity and misogyny

Crude way of saying it, but his overall point isn't wrong.

She's a know nothing pretty face hired for the same reason all the other pretty face sportscasters are.. sex sells

Reactions: Cronuss
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->