Did Tanner Glass Really Play 20 Playoff Games for the Canucks in 2010-11?

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
every hit is soft and ineffectual. he's a black-hole offensively. hell, even Craig Adams (the man who went a full 82 game season without a goal) has scored on the fourth line. oh, and the fights. they're lovely - he's lost every single one by an overwhelming margin. he might be the most useless hockey player i've ever seen. please Canuck fans shed some light on this character. does/can he bring anything in the playoffs? how did you feel about 7:29 TOI/G that AV gave to him for 20 playoff games?

thanks.

DennisReynolds

the implication
Dec 11, 2011
He's the best at fanning on a wide open net during the Stanley Cup Finals but other than that, he's useless

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
every hit is soft and ineffectual. he's a black-hole offensively. hell, even Craig Adams (the man who went a full 82 game season without a goal) has scored on the fourth line. oh, and the fights. they're lovely - he's lost every single one by an overwhelming margin. he might be the most useless hockey player i've ever seen. please Canuck fans shed some light on this character. does/can he bring anything in the playoffs? how did you feel about 7:29 TOI/G that AV gave to him for 20 playoff games?

thanks.

We know. We're just as surprised as you are that someone wanted to pay him money to play hockey.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
AV that's why... he loves them plugs like Glass.

We had better players in the Moose that should of been called up. Tanner Glass was brutally bad.

Glass is barely an AHL player when he played for Rochester.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
My mine beef with Glass was the very first thing mentioned - he doesn't hit hard, ever. He lightly rubs guys out and accumulates 'hits'.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
My mine beef with Glass was the very first thing mentioned - he doesn't hit hard, ever. He lightly rubs guys out and accumulates 'hits'.

I recall him easily falling down when hitting guys.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Yes, he did. Though he never should have, being hurt.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation

thanks.

Good at scrabble, though. *shrug*

Guys like Glass are a dime a dozen, but our coach likes grinders. Burrows and Kesler rose from humble grinding roots to become the offensive threats they are, and AV seems to think that in every Glass, Volpatti or Pinizzotto there's a Kesler or Burrows trying to get out, and only icetime will encourage this emergence.

Oh, why did the Pens get him? No idea. We were pretty much just happy to see him gone.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010

thanks.

He's a character guy in the locker room. That's about it. Was minimally acceptable now and then, but useless most the time.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
There's really no quantifiable difference between hurt Tanner Glass and useful Tanner Glass.

Believe it or not, he was still useful on the 4th line that year during the regular season. Of course, that was when he was actually healthy.

Zatch88

Im stumbling spheres
Oct 20, 2011
Johnstown
so far the only thing I can see that he is good at is taking TOI away from players that deserve it. But thats not really his fault, it's the coach's.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
glass, during the regular season, fully healthy was a replacement level 4th liner. he was mostly invisible and that was a good thing

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
He never contributed much other than filling a roster spot and not screwing up too badly.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Yes he did. He also played 73 games in the regular season which is why I find it kind of funny when people talk about the 10-11 Canucks as if they were the late '70s Canadiens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->