Did JVR almost fight Erskine after Kessel got rocked?

topcat986*

Don't know about JVR, but after watching this Erskine/Lucic fight and a former Lucic/Orr fight, I have to wonder what the legend of Lucic is all about.

Oh my a 20 yr old Lucic versus a well known tough guy in Erskine and he got kncoked down sheesh yeah over hyped for sure :sarcasm:, since then Lucic has become a damn decent scorer and won a cup and plays top line minutes and still can clock most of the leagues players in fights.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
Oh my a 20 yr old Lucic versus a well known tough guy in Erskine and he got kncoked down sheesh yeah over hyped for sure :sarcasm:, since then Lucic has become a damn decent scorer and won a cup and plays top line minutes and still can clock most of the leagues players in fights.

No questioning his rise as a more than decent player. But reference to "legend" is to his fistic prowess only. There is continued chatter about his Komisarek bout, but based on what I've seen, Mike is not much of a pugilist. I thought Lucic was supposedly invincible...that's the "legend", but then was pointed to his fights with Orr and Erskine...so my question is how does he fare against legitimate fighters or does he just beat up on "soft" opponents.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
No questioning his rise as a more than decent player. But reference to "legend" is to his fistic prowess only. There is continued chatter about his Komisarek bout, but based on what I've seen, Mike is not much of a pugilist. I thought Lucic was supposedly invincible...that's the "legend", but then was pointed to his fights with Orr and Erskine...so my question is how does he fare against legitimate fighters or does he just beat up on "soft" opponents.

People like him because he's a very rare combination. Puts up points, scores goals, creates space for his teammates and scraps

He doesn't do so great against the heavyweights..I doubt he can drop Orr, Parros, Scott etc like he can drop Komisarek, Brown (if they fought).

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

Lucic is tough, no question. And he has fought some goons but, when he fought Orr, took a few good shots and hid behind the linesmen, I lost some respect for him. If you drop the mits, you fight. You don't take a good shot and hide.

topcat986*

Lucic is tough, no question. And he has fought some goons but, when he fought Orr, took a few good shots and hid behind the linesmen, I lost some respect for him. If you drop the mits, you fight. You don't take a good shot and hide.

You are correct he should have in his mind said yeah I am a Line one winger but what the hell embrace mediocrity . My team needs me and I mean "me" to answer the bell and show why we are the big bad Bruins and fight some 4th line irrelavent no body because that his how I better my team:laugh: . Playoffs................. what is that you speak of ?

donkeyy0

May 31, 2011
You are correct he should have in his mind said yeah I am a Line one winger but what the hell embrace mediocrity . My team needs me and I mean "me" to answer the bell and show why we are the big bad Bruins and fight some 4th line irrelavent no body because that his how I better my team:laugh: . Playoffs................. what is that you speak of ?

Huh? Lucic "answered the bell". He hid because he was getting beat up. Definitely got involved in the fight though.

Orr just beat the crap out of him so Lucic thought better of wasting his time with Orr, but that was only AFTER he already...wasted...his time...with Orr...

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Thought about and then remembered he has glass bones.

That was pretty damn close to interference though -- Kessel didn't even touch the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad