Did JVR almost fight Erskine after Kessel got rocked?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Who cares?

I'm tired of seeing a fight break out after every damn good hit. This hit deserved a penalty because the puck was past him.

Not to mention we get the instigator if we fought.

If the hit is dirty, then sure, go after him.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
One of the few times I've seen Kessel get run over.

Last time that happened was his first game with the team (Ohlund?)

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto

Did JVR make a bee-line towards Erskine after the hit? Then he realized it was Erskine and backed off?

:dunno:

Don't know about JVR, but after watching this Erskine/Lucic fight and a former Lucic/Orr fight, I have to wonder what the legend of Lucic is all about.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Don't know about JVR, but after watching this Erskine/Lucic fight and a former Lucic/Orr fight, I have to wonder what the legend of Lucic is all about.

There is no legend. He's massively overrated.

12345*

Who cares?

I'm tired of seeing a fight break out after every damn good hit. This hit deserved a penalty because the puck was past him.

Not to mention we get the instigator if we fought.

If the hit is dirty, then sure, go after him.

Typical answer that comes from people who have never played a team sport, never had a team mate injured from an opponent (whether legal or illegal), never had the comraderie with teammates. I don't know why it has to be said a million times - deterring opponents from touching your skilled players is of utmost importance. Whether clean or not clean has very little relevance from this perspective.

Cool Beans Man

Apr 18, 2007
Ontario
www.muckmyblog.blogspot.com
Typical answer that comes from people who have never played a team sport, never had a team mate injured from an opponent (whether legal or illegal), never had the comraderie with teammates. I don't know why it has to be said a million times - deterring opponents from touching your skilled players is of utmost importance. Whether clean or not clean has very little relevance from this perspective.

Exactly. If a guy like John Erskine wants to rock Phil Kessel again, he's gotta know he's going to have to fight someone after.

FireEverybody*

Erskine is lucky JVR did not want to risk getting a instigator. :naughty:

But yeah... happy he backed off Erskine is a tough dude.:laugh:

Blayzer

Jul 3, 2011
JVR was definitely thinking about sticking up for Kessel, but the combination of Kessel popping right back up, along with seeing "Erksine" on the back of the jersey, made him think twice.

Glad to see him bee-line over there though.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Looked like interference to me. Did Phil touch the puck? Those are the types of hits where the goal isn't to separate the player from the puck but to HURT.

Deezzy22

Jan 3, 2013

Not to mention it feels awesome sticking up for a teammate and you ll gain a lot of respect from them knowing your willing to stick up for them.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

8b26017f_lucic-miller-hit.jpeg

Phaneuffan3

Beleafer
Aug 22, 2011
The HC - Ontario
In his weight class hes not. Hes not a heavy weight and cant throw with the Orrs and Scotts of the NHL. But with the mid weights hes top of the class.

What do you mean he's not a heavy? He stands 6'4 220lbs compared to 6'3 227lbs Colton Orr. He's a pretend tough guy who doesn't like to get hit. That's why Thornton is on the team. Which is ironic as he is actually not a heavy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->