Did Flyers get the "worst" top 5 pick in 2017 draft?

Did Flyers pick the "worst" top 5 pick in 2017 draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Makes no sense to include Hischier since the Flyers had no chance to draft him.

And I have absolutely no clue who that Hircher guy is..

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I only voted no because its still way too early to make a real assessment....You have to be impressed with Hirschier and Pettersen though... so far in their D+1 seasons (honourable mention to Heiskanen in Finland).

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
A bit early to say. At least Patrick is in the NHL already.

983 others

Aug 26, 2009
Patrick could go dominate inferior leagues too, but he's actually in the NHL.

...and Makar? lol!

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
I think Pettersson has a chance to overtake everyone in this draft, with the way hes been playing. Obviously it's too early to make a call, but we'll see

Reactions: FallinForDahlin

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I know most of these polls are posted with a purpose in my mind so not knowing the OP it doesn't really make sense unless it is a Canucks fan trying to pump up Petersson or a Devils fan trying to act like they made the right choice less than 3 months into everyone's career.

But let's say there is no alterior motive and its just a straight up question then the obvious answer is hell no. I would say Patrick is more likely to be the best player of the top 5 than worst.

I am not sure what there is to not like about a Center with size showing that he belongs in the NHL at 18. Is it because he isn't immediately a PPG guy? Plenty of guys have done less at that age and turned out great so that seems like a poor reason to doubt him.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
if I had to do a redraft of only the top 5 I'd go

Nico
Pettersson
Heiskanen
Patrick
Makar

Maybe Tolvanen or Liljegren will surpass him one day but as of now Patrick is still securely in the top 4 imo

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Let's re-visit this 5 years down the road. Way too early for this.

He's a safe bet for being considered the 2nd best player from his draft at this point, He's proven he's NHL ready. How things move from this point is a crap-shoot, he plays a well rounded game so even if he doesn't turn into an offensive dynamo, he'll still be an effective NHL player.

There's no telling how well Pettersson or Heiskinen would be doing this season had they have played in the best league in the world. NHL is a pretty big step from their current leagues.

There's also time for a Gaudreau, or a Benn, some later draft pick who could turn into something special.

Also Makar isn't anywhere near being NHL ready. There's a chance he amounts to nothing.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
pre-draft had him #3 behind Hischier and Heiskanen

possibly #6 now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->