Did Cory Schneider throw his stick at Bobby Ryan?

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Listening to the post game show on the radio for the sens they are saying it was undeniable that schneider tried to throw his stick towards ryan to make a desperation save. The stick didnt hit ryan but still isnt throwing your stick at a player as a goalie an automatic penalty shot? I dont really mind it myself because its likely wasnt the reason ryan didnt score.

A gif or video would be helpful

I finally saw a replay. Didnt really look like he threw it at ryan rather just in the general direction. Maybe he even lost it just because he was sprawling.

Last edited:

hockeyfanOU812

do you feel in charge?
Mar 27, 2014
No, the way he was diving from his knees to his right side and full extending his arm he was just making a desperation attempt.

If you watch the replay on nhl.com closesly, his stick MIGHT have just hit the post and fell out. He never throws it in the direction of Ryan, the stick travels off to the left of the post after he drops it.

Edit: Watching again it's closer than I thought, but still doesn't look like he threw it at Ryan.

Edit 2: Unfortunately the quality on nhl.com replay isn't the best but here is the breakdown from what I can see, feel free to debate it.

After Schneider starts his dive I can't see any stick heading toward's Ryan. It doesn't help that his stick is all white of course but if he threw it at him you would most likely see the Warrior colouring or at least the stick hitting Ryan's feet if he threw it at him. He wasn't that far away.

LYehPot.png

Here you can see the outline of the shaft of his stick making contact with the post, the best explanation I can come up with is that he was going for a paddle save but swung out and hit the iron with his stick.

YHEM2HO.png

Finally the red circle here shows where the goal stick ends up after making contact with the post. The blue circle is where it should have been if he was indeed throwing it at Ryan or toward's the puck.

7FhquCe.png

That's just my analysis and I could be wrong, so what's yours?

Last edited:

goawaygary*

Saw the replay, nothing conclusive, looked like he was just flailing out to make the save. Good non call. Devils win:handclap:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It wasn't deliberate enough

Besides the problem was the puck hit Ryan on the skate, the stick had nothing to do with him missing

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Threw it? He just put his arm down in desperation to cover the goal line and in the process of all that momentum, his stick flew out. You try to react with such little time and see if your stick doesn't become jarred even slightly in that situation. Also, it wasn't even close to Ryan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->