Did anyone enjoy 4v4 OT when it was removed?

Did you enjoy 4v4 OT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
3-on-3 is just as gimmicky as a shootout. It all comes down to who has the fastest superstars basically. Montréal lost 10 in a row or whatever but then made the Finals because hockey is about having a team effort and defense, not having McDavid or Marner score in the first minute of a pickup game.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I generally liked it, though part of that might have been that the Sedins were quite good at it (then subsequently awful 3v3).

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
It was fine, but 3 on 3 is better because the game doesn't always end in a shootout, which are so lackluster these days. I don't even get excited for them.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
The question is worded poorly in consideration of the body text because:

1. I enjoyed 4v4 as overtime

2. I prefer 3v3 as overtime over 4v4 as overtime

It’s unclear how you want me to vote if that is my opinion.

I like 3v3 more since it decreases the likelihood of a shootout which I hate.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I like the shootout
3v3 is better than 4v4 I guess, was more exciting when it first came out before teams started just bringing the puck back into their zone whenever they don’t have a scoring chance. Went from high flying 80’s hockey to a slow chess match waiting for someone to make a mistake

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I see 3v3 OT having gone the way of 4v4 OT. It seems over-coached.

From my recollection most people hated 4v4 OT by the time we got rid of it. What's the verdict? Did you enjoy it or not?
I hated 4 on 4 OT But 3 on 3 is even worst and than we have the biggest Gimmick out of the 3---the shootout.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
It is a completely fine gimmick for the regular season, it finishes the game fast and is fun. I would not even mind going 2v2 or 1v1 if the game drags on in 3v3. I absolutely hate it being used in important games, like the 2021 WHC finals, what the hell were they thinking there?

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I hated 4 on 4 OT But 3 on 3 is even worst and than we have the biggest Gimmick out of the 3---the shootout.
Like to see the Hockey not just the NHL adopt 4 on 4 permanently! Just think of the room and 4 on 2 power-plays would make taking the good penalty a no,no!Now if the NHL could that and get the Fricking goaltenders to scale back all the over-sized,over equipment gear the game of hockey has the chance to be what it always was the Greatest Game on Earth,with Skating,Shooting,Passing and goals,goals goals and excitement to the nth degree! 4 on 4 baby! Of course teams would still ice 20 player line ups except they would carry 11 forwards and 7 D-men and 2 'tenders or 10 forwards and 8 D-men and 2 goalies!The game to open up and PP shouldn't be about shooting through 3 pairs of legs and the 'tender,it should be about legit scoring chances and multiple quality chances per PP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad