Speculation: Diaz close to signing an x-term contract!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Have you guys heard on AC that Diaz was close to signing a contract worth more the 3 millions per for 3 years? :shakehead.... IF MB signs Diaz to that kind of money then I have lost faith in him to bring us to the promise land!

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Have you guys heard on AC that Diaz was close to signing a contract worth more the 3 millions per for 3 years? :shakehead.... IF MB signs Diaz to that kind of money then I have lost faith in him to bring us to the promise land!

If it is 3m per than it's not so bad...

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Oh screw off.... Were suppose to beef up our backend. No signing of a decent dman this offseason.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
In b4 Subban signs for two years and walks as a UFA when his contract expires.

I swear to god, if this happens, I'm ****ing done with Bergevin and that ****ing team.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Diaz has not been the same since his concussion.. couldnt we get a grittier D to replace him.. alternate Beaulieu and Tinordi in the lineup slowly?

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Oh screw off.... Were suppose to beef up our backend. No signing of a decent dman this offseason.

I remember Bergevin talking in the summer about how you don't need a big defence, he likes guys that can move the puck and skate, he pointed to the Hawks defence and how it wasn't big either.

When I heard that and saw how much they like using Daiz, guy has been playing top 4min since last year and top pk time, since Bergevin got here, not surprised they are going to re-sign him been tho I'd send him packing for a draft pick at the trade deadline.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
**** this.

I guess the goal is to have the most expensive, mediocre and soft defence corps in the league.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

Bouillon is probably the best dman who's actually going to his free agency this summer and we have a legit shot at signing. I swear people on this board can be so dumb with their fear of being under 6'0.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Bouillon is probably the best dman who's actually going to his free agency this summer and we have a legit shot at signing. I swear people on this board can be so dumb with their fear of being under 6'0.

I don't care about the size height wise. I mean we needed a tougher backend. As long as they hit and can clear the net I'm fine. Just tired of having guys standing in front of the net besides when Murray is there.

Guys like Gallagher, weaver, and oshie hit and play with an edge. That's what I mean I want. I don't care if their 5'9 or 6'6. I want to get stronger and tougher.

Diaz is afraid of contact. I hear what they are saying about Chicago's backend. But they have mobile guys who can hit and take a hit. Diaz isn't anywheres to be around contact.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Wait, did I understand this right? Bouillon is probably the best guy we have a legit chance of signing this summer? What??

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Bergevin is really making odd choices rushing this. Let him get through to March and see how he performs. This is just a dumb decision.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Wait, did I understand this right? Bouillon is probably the best guy we have a legit chance of signing this summer? What??

Look at the UFA defenseman list. The top 20 cap hit guys or so will likely all be re-signed well before July 1st. Montreal is near the bottom of the league for desirable locations for UFAs. Highest taxes, by far the worst fans, no winning culture etc. Maybe Robidas would sign here, but is 37 year old Robidas at 4 mil an upgrade on Diaz?

http://capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2014&team_id=-1&position_id=D&fa_type_id=2

there are zero realistic targets on this list

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
It was said that Diaz is looking for 3m$, nothing about the lenght. Gaston was just reporting what we already knew from Swisshab. Diaz under 3M$ is pretty neat as a stop gap and then a trade asset.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Look at the UFA defenseman list. The top 20 cap hit guys or so will likely all be re-signed well before July 1st. Montreal is near the bottom of the league for desirable locations for UFAs. Highest taxes, by far the worst fans, no winning culture etc. Maybe Robidas would sign here, but is 37 year old Robidas at 4 mil an upgrade on Diaz?

http://capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2014&team_id=-1&position_id=D&fa_type_id=2

My favorite part is the etc, lol.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
My favorite part is the etc, lol.

We need to be realistic here as fans. Montreal is the anti-destination in the NHL. All the negatives of being harassed by the media/fans combined with the negatives of making less money than every other city in the league. We have barely been a playoff team for the last 20 years and have driven every good player we've had out of town and have been attempting to do it to Price/Subban in the last few years. Then you add in the whole French thing and it complicates matters even more for players who have kids who need schooling/don't want to deal with racism. There's literally no positive about the team other than accomplishments in the past that would bring anyone here willingly for anything but a severe overpayment.

Feintastic

Jun 22, 2013

**** fuccing ***:laugh:

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
I remember Bergevin talking in the summer about how you don't need a big defence, he likes guys that can move the puck and skate, he pointed to the Hawks defence and how it wasn't big either.

When I heard that and saw how much they like using Daiz, guy has been playing top 4min since last year and top pk time, since Bergevin got here, not surprised they are going to re-sign him been tho I'd send him packing for a draft pick at the trade deadline.

Oh that is very sad to hear. Why hire MB if he does not have his own thinking. He is not in f@ck CHI....we do not have the same players. Man if MB can not think out side the box and find different ways to build a winner we are sunk!!!
Yes the best GM use there experience but they all add new ways to be successful....they are more ground breakers then followers.....I really hope MB has big balls and makes decision that lazy GM will try to follow in the future.........because those guys do not have no original thoughts of there own!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad