Diablo IV

hubnester

Nov 8, 2019
Im playing right now, armors are mostly runewords but every single categories can be used, even whites for some, in other cases than armor.

Yeah, they did a great job making it so that every type of item still could have value. Even when you're decked out it's worth it to check socketed or ethereal or superior items. It's just if BOTD worked into your build, there's no other possible roll of any other item that will be better because it's just so OP. I like how with jewelry or circlets or boots, a rare can be a GG item.

Then in D3, entire item grades were useless and just screen clutter.

Do you play on private servers? I saw SlashDiablo is having a new ladder this week, thinking about playing.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I
Yeah, they did a great job making it so that every type of item still could have value. Even when you're decked out it's worth it to check socketed or ethereal or superior items. It's just if BOTD worked into your build, there's no other possible roll of any other item that will be better because it's just so OP. I like how with jewelry or circlets or boots, a rare can be a GG item.

Do you play on private servers? I saw SlashDiablo is having a new ladder this week, thinking about playing.

I play on the normal server. Havent looked into slash or pod really.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Depends what era of D3 we're talking about. On launch when loot farming mostly consisted of grinding gold to use on the auction house, rares were king in a lot of cases. People complained endlessly that legendaries and sets weren't best in slot so they eventually changed the entire system. In Reaper of Souls to present, it's nothing but getting a complete set than filling in the other empty slots with legendaries.

Reactions: hubnester

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Diablo 4 Will Be "Like the First Chapter of a Book", Diablo May Not Even Show Up

Perhaps the biggest difference compared to loot in Diablo III, is how the game will treat Set Items. By ensuring they’re not the be all end all.

“We feel like with Diablo III it got to a place where you couldn't really play your build, your way,” Luis admits. “It was basically, you're going to pick one of these four sets and that's it. We're making sure that sets don't dominate in Diablo IV.” To accomplish this the team has a simple solution, make sure Legendary Items are the more powerful option. And with hundreds being designed and refined and added into the game, create true diversity that fosters player creativity and deciding how you might want to play.

Another piece of the puzzle is the re-introduction of Runewords with cause and effect Runes that can socket into items – adding more nuance to potential build options.

An approach that also extends to how the team will balance the loot and fine tune the overall speed and progression of Diablo IV. Although specific details aren’t available, we do know that in its current state taking on more challenging content or tackling higher difficulties will not improve drop rates or the number of Legendary Items you’ll find. Instead more powerful gear will be easier to obtain or become available. The concept of Mythic Items with four Legendary affixes where you can only equip one adds more layers to the end-game potential. The damage and power curve is also different, and a far cry from sheer insanity and pace of modern Diablo III.

“Players recognise that games evolve over time,” Luis responds when the discussion shift towards the current progression and speed of Diablo III. Where loot rains from the heavens. “Where Diablo III landed, after several Seasons, the balance philosophy was that we would never nerf anything. We currently have a different approach to it. Not better, not worse. It's just like with the art, it's a different lens through which you look at the game.”

Diablo 4 – Blizzard on the Different Approach to Diablo 3 - AusGamers.com

Reactions: kingsholygrail

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
I so look forward to player 1 stopping to check their shit, then player 2 stopping to check their shit, and player 3 stopping to check their shit etc....every 5 minutes

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Latest quarterly update

Diablo IV Quarterly Update—September 2020

MMVSLLYU7PAT1601312625244.jpg

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
well there was going to be some kind of ranged class. not a surprise.

demon hunter and wizard were my D3 faves.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Diablo 4:
  • Rogues will not be gender locked. The male Rogues will be from a different faction, not the Sisters of the Sightless Eye. Druids won't be only male either.
  • Mob highlighting/outlining will be toggleable!
  • You can't permanently be in a werewolf or werebear form, you can be in them longer depending on skills, but you will always be back in the regular druid form for at least a while. No mounting as a bear.
  • Trading limitations aren't clear yet, but there will be player trading and a clan bank.
  • Lightning round:
    • Not all classes will have their own class quests.
    • Transmogrification will be a thing.
    • No fishing.
    • It will have couch co-op.
    • It will have Town portal books/scrolls.
    • Angel involvement: technically yes.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I think last class slot has to be Paladin. Need a shield hero.
Pretty much what I thought. Just a new name more or less.
Rogue was the dex class in D1. I always liked the rumor that the rogue you kill in Act 1 in D2 was the hero rogue from D1.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So looks like originally Blizzard was expecting a 2022 release for Diablo IV and Overwatch 2 but with all that has been going on within the company including turnover of employees they have pushed it back indefinitely as per their recent earnings call.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
So looks like originally Blizzard was expecting a 2022 release for Diablo IV and Overwatch 2 but with all that has been going on within the company including turnover of employees they have pushed it back indefinitely as per their recent earnings call.

They're an embarrassment at this point, but I'm glad they're not going to rush out the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad