Rumor: (Dhaliwal) - Teams showing Interest in Adam Gaudette + Virtanen Update

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
do you always injected into conversations with zero context or knowledge of what ppl are talking about?
yikes
Does that mean the Bruins should go have to him because he is from this area. The should get someone who will help their team............I am not saying he would not be an asset, but I want him because he can make a difference.

BuresMafiaBuddies

Aug 22, 2020
I love this "it's Green's fault", seems like you haven't been paying attention for the last 6 years,

guess it's Green's fault too that Jake came into the playoff bubble out of shape and was called out by his Captain?

guess it's Green's fault that Jake does all the dumbshit off the ice?

It must be his fault too that Jake (even though he's been given every opportunity in the world) can't succeed?

Really bud get a clue and take off the rose coloured glasses.

You don't know jack ****. You just believe whatever you read in the media like a puppet.

Reactions: CherryToke

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Radio out here talking about it. One of the guests brought it up. They were talking about both Benning and Poille being on the hot seat.
Poile's seat is only "hot" in the sense that fans are angry at him, though. There's no other source for any potential heat in Nashville. And that's a very harmless kind of heat.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
If we traded for Gaudette, I can't see it as anything other than re-painting some deck chairs on the Titanic. Not even bothering to shuffle them. Basically, sure, we'll give you Haula or Jarnkrok or some other middling player who isn't very meaningful to us, and if Gaudette turns it around, great, if not, no harm done. That's about all we've got to offer on that front.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
If we traded for Gaudette, I can't see it as anything other than re-painting some deck chairs on the Titanic. Not even bothering to shuffle them. Basically, sure, we'll give you Haula or Jarnkrok or some other middling player who isn't very meaningful to us, and if Gaudette turns it around, great, if not, no harm done. That's about all we've got to offer on that front.

Jarnkrok would be a good fit for Vancouver. Even Haula who I think Vancouver was interested in.

Reactions: David71

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
I love this "it's Green's fault", seems like you haven't been paying attention for the last 6 years,

guess it's Green's fault too that Jake came into the playoff bubble out of shape and was called out by his Captain?

guess it's Green's fault that Jake does all the dumbshit off the ice?

It must be his fault too that Jake (even though he's been given every opportunity in the world) can't succeed?

Really bud get a clue and take off the rose coloured glasses.

Green is a garbage coach, he sucks! And it has nothing to do with Virtanen, it has a lot to do with Markstrom making Green look good. Now that Markstrom is gone, Greens failure as a coach is showing. Just look at how little he has gotten from our top players this year and it’s not like we don’t have great players for him to work with! Most coaches would love to have Pettersson, Horvat, Boeser, Miller and Hughes. Green is not a good coach, time to move on.

Last edited:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I really don't get trying to add Gaudette, he doesn't move the needle for this team at all. We should be adding draft picks & prospects not wasting them on assets like Gaudette..

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
They dont seem like the 1st guys i would move to try to clear cap. when Virtanen makes $2.5 and Gaudette makes under a million. plus Sutter/Edler/Benn/Pearson expire.

theyre solid young-ish players. and its not like anyone is pushing them out.
You must go to bed before Canuck games.

I like Gaudette's motor though. Why are they trading him? I can see JV. So inconsistent and meh

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I really don't get trying to add Gaudette, he doesn't move the needle for this team at all. We should be adding draft picks & prospects not wasting them on assets like Gaudette..
I think that just depends on your pro scouting dept's assessment of Gaudette. He's young, affordable, and if you think he's still got upside, he's probably a better bet than whatever 2nd or 3rd round draft pick you might get for a player like Jarnkrok or Haula. 2nd or 3rd round picks rarely pan out either.

I don't have any pro scouting insight on Gaudette, mind you, but he was considered a fairly hot prospect after his big years in college. I don't know what has gone wrong since or if there are any obvious red flags.

Of course, the other caveat is that Nashville has not traditionally been a place where players go and suddenly flourish, especially up front. So if he's having problems somewhere else already...

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
What are the Canucks looking to get for Gaudette? Rangers have serious holes at the center position in the immediate and long term. I think there could be a natural fit there for a swap.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Green is a garbage coach, he sucks! And it has nothing to do with Virtanen, it has a lot to do with Markstrom making Green look good. Now that Markstrom is gone, Greens failure as a coach is showing. Just look at how little he has gotten from our top players this year and it’s not like we don’t have great players for him to work with! Most coaches would love to have Pettersson, Horvat, Boeser, Miller and Hughes. Green is not a good coach, time to move on.

Or you know, we have zero depth, and our goalie's and coach can't make up for the fact that our GM signed a bunch of useless and very overpaid bottom sixers. Guess you are one of those that expect Green to make chicken salad out of chicken shit?

Last edited:
Reactions: Grumpy1

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Or you know, we have zero depth, and our goalie's and coach can't make up for the fact that our GM signed a bunch of useless and very overpaid bottom sixers. Guess you are one of those that expect Green to make chicken salad out of chicken shit?

That’s just excuses, the Canucks are playing without any identity, no push back or system in place this is all on the coaches. If the players were playing hard you could put it all on the GM, Green hasn’t done a good job at getting the players ready or prepared and that’s 100% on him.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
leipzig was right about one thing

brendan-leipsic-group-chat-screen-shot-2020-05-07-at-4.22.27-pm.png;w=960

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
What are the Canucks looking to get for Gaudette? Rangers have serious holes at the center position in the immediate and long term. I think there could be a natural fit there for a swap.
Would need to be a dman.

Rangers seem to have some solid pieces on the backend.

Rumours had the Nucks interested in Braden Schneider prior to the draft.

Would do a small add to Gaudette for a Schneider swap.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Sportsnet 650
@Sportsnet650
·
2m
Chris Johnston - I think Vancouver is potentially trying to free up cap-space with a Jake Virtanen deal.

not really news, but an update is an update.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Sportsnet 650
@Sportsnet650
·
2m
Chris Johnston - I think Vancouver is potentially trying to free up cap-space with a Jake Virtanen deal.

not really news, but an update is an update.

At this juncture, allowing Benning to make a trade, a man with no plan other to than to save his own job, will become a thing of myth and lore.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
If Rasmussen is still tall, then Benning wants him.
I did a little light reading and he seems to be smart defensively as a centre, getting PK time in the AHL. The worry would be his back injuries, but that could be behind him with all the rest he got, kind of like Boeser. He could become an ideal 3c for us, FA will also like that he is a Vancouver kid. If it dropped Erikssons cap I would do it on a personal level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->