Rumor: Dhaliwal: Edmonton Oilers are strongly after Chris Tanev

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I wonder if the Canucks giving up 3 hat tricks in the same game effects what they're willing to pay? I'd rather load up the Canucks to beat the Oilers than send Edmonton their missing piece.

It was only two, the Canucks had one

So a 2nd plus what from the Oilers gets you Tanev at 50% retained? Or does it have to be a first?

Would love another team to double retain but that’s another story.

Knowing Calgary hates to retain its a 1st+

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
So a 2nd plus what from the Oilers gets you Tanev at 50% retained? Or does it have to be a first?

Would love another team to double retain but that’s another story.

Sounds like Conroy wants a 1st for sure for Tanev, but other than that, he's targeting young nhl-ready players 24 and under. Especially centres I believe. Holloway would probably be one of the targets in discussions with EDM, I'd imagine.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
He’s gonna end up in Vancouver

Cgy loves to trade with them

It’s like two little brothers who need to gang up to take down big bro. It’s super adorable.

Yeah except the older brother is Colorado or Vegas…

I hope you don't negotiate for a living.

Having more teams interested doesn't double the price he will go for unless there is a team willing to consider that price. Vancouver doesn't have 2 picks to play with, Edmontons GM doesn't throw 1st rounders away, which takes out the two biggest rumoured suitors. Toronto probably would give one for him, but they have other needs as well and probably don't want to blow their wad on one player if they are going 100% all in this year. Maybe the Flames can get 2 firsts from the Leafs for both Hanafin and Tanev, but for Tanev alone? Highly unlikely. I just don't see any of those teams as interested enough to do multiple 1sts.

Is 2 firsts even that ridiculous of an ask? Teams are usually willing to pay 1st round pick, roster player and a B+ prospect for a rental. I think youre overrating how valuable a late first round pick really is

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Yeah except the older brother is Colorado or Vegas…

Is 2 firsts even that ridiculous of an ask? Teams are usually willing to pay 1st round pick, roster player and a B+ prospect for a rental. I think youre overrating how valuable a late first round pick really is
We sure don't see two first rounders traded in the same deal for rentals often.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad