OT: DGB: The 20 Stages of Realizing Your Team is Terrible

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Okay so I started to read the article and already I have to quibble with the usual dunk on Arizona nonsense. We're not historically awful anymore after the last couple weeks. And if we are Buffalo is too as they have one measly more point than we do. And not even going back that far in 13/14 Buffalo had only TWO ROW's at this same time in the season.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Sorry feckless, but I wish I had the time spent reading that back - but then again I can't wait for winter and pine for the day when I will once again enjoy it in routine below freezing temps! :squint:

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
The good news is we only have 19 of the 20 to worry about. Fortunately, #9 is off the list b/c we really have a hard time blaming media coverage that isn't there.

Unless we refer to media as our god-awful announce team...

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Pretty funny stuff, and so true. Every year there's something to get hopes up for, and every year they are dashed.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Pretty funny stuff, and so true. Every year there's something to get hopes up for, and every year they are dashed.

This year was particularly cruel though, because there was legitimate hope and with how viciously that hope was curbed. The swing from "hey we traded for a nice center, a top 4D, and the kids are gonna be alright" to "holy f*** we're almost historically bad" is really drastic. It's like the usual mediocrity wasn't enough for the hockey gods.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
This year was particularly cruel though, because there was legitimate hope and with how viciously that hope was curbed. The swing from "hey we traded for a nice center, a top 4D, and the kids are gonna be alright" to "holy **** we're almost historically bad" is really drastic. It's like the usual mediocrity wasn't enough for the hockey gods.
I'm not sure I even know the difference between legitimate and false hope anymore. It's all just coyotes hope, waiting to be curb stomped.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Seems like that applies to us as everyone wanted (or still wants) Tocchet gone.
I was critical of RT earlier, but Doan think I ever called for his head, even though he certainly wasn't my first choice. Anyway, I'm pleased with his progression.

Reactions: kbay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->