Cut/Released: Dez Bryant

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
By, Dez, thanks for your contribution. Best of luck in future endeavors. You don't need to clean out your locker, you can collect your personal effects from security in 24 hours.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
End of an era for sure. He had his moments but always left you wanting more. Think he'll sign with a team quickly though.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
As a Cowboys fan this is a sad day, can't say that I'm surprised. Stephen Jones and Scott Linehan have wanted this since the start of the off-season but Jerry has been trying to talk them out of it.

Best of luck to Dez, I think he can still be an impact player. He wont have to wait long as he'll have many options

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Good move by the Cowboys. Good, but way overrated. Sounds like he certainly wasn't worth it off the field as well.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He has fallen off and wasn't earning that contract so it makes sense but the timing of it is odd.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario

I mean I disagree with the cut from the Cowboys perspective.

As shown in the video, too much blame was put on his shoulders.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
He's dropped off but wouldn't mind the Packers taking a flyer on him.
I kind of wonder if he will have a bit of a revival on a new team where he is going to be playing for a new contract and to prove he's still great.

In Dallas, he was coddled and was the king. He dropped passes, and his fans blamed the QB (see above). He ran sloppy routes, and people blamed the QB. He lost much of his explosiveness, and yeah, you see where this is going...

I think the team was just tired of dealing with him. With his big drop in performance, they didn't want to keep him around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->