Signing(s): Dez Bryant to the Saints

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Kind of interesting from the Saints perspective. I get the concept of "going for it" but Bryant's the type of player that can ruin team chemistry. Not saying that will happen, but I think it's at least a possibility on an offense that was already firing on all cylinders.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Kind of interesting from the Saints perspective. I get the concept of "going for it" but Bryant's the type of player that can ruin team chemistry. Not saying that will happen, but I think it's at least a possibility on an offense that was already firing on all cylinders.

They will cut him if he causes issues.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Good target in the Red Zone. Might not have the speed he once had but I'm sure he can still catch a 50/50 ball versus most corners in the league.

Even as just a designated Red Zone guy, for this team, it makes sense. That's what I feel his role will end up being.

I made sure to quickly add him in fantasy.

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Signing with the Saints will erase all of the excuses so often thrown out about him. Can't complain about the QB, the coach, the scheme, or the teammates. It's now time to see what he has.
I mean when he had those he was the best red zone threat and an all pro WR.....

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
He'll be fine. I don't expect a ton of production but they needed somebody. I believe Ginn can come back week 13 but who knows what he'll look like after being out for that long.

Sep 19, 2008
I was not under the impression that the Saints were in need of receiving help. Someone get hurt or sumptin?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I was not under the impression that the Saints were in need of receiving help. Someone get hurt or sumptin?

Ginn is on IR, Meredith's knee still isn't strong enough yet to play significant snaps. Current 2/3 WRs are Tre'Quan Smith and Austin Carr

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
To put how dire the Saints were in need of receivers...Michael Thomas has 70 catches..the next closest receiver has 12.

Reactions: Voight

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Ginn still has the 2nd most WR targets on the team and he got hurt in the middle of week 4. Tre'Quan is the deep guy and a rookie at that, so naturally he's not going to get a ton of targets. Meredith was supposed to be the #2 chain mover type but his knee is still not right. Even if Ginn was healthy they might still have signed Dez. Now what they should have done is kept Willie Snead on instead of going after Meredith but once you get in SP's doghouse you're not getting out unless your name is Mark Ingram.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Good point I read today was that the culture Brees + Payton have built over the last 12 years will void any supposed "chemistry" issues, players really believe in what they do there.

Its a good deal for both. Dez will have an elite QB to catch from a nd can show teams he still has it. Its pretty much a 0 risk moves by the Saints and something they need, Michael Thomas is good but you need insurance + depth.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
The ideal scenario is he's what Boldin was to the ravens during his career there

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
This makes the Saints' already incredibly strong offense even better. Michael Thomas is a great WR, but he's more of a possession WR, making guys miss, and catching everything thrown in his zip code. Dez will be a great complement, I think. As long as his hands haven't turned to stone, Brees should help revive Dez's career.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Thing is, if Thomas tears his ACL tomorrow, whom exactly do they have at receiver?

Bryant is the best insurance you'll get right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->