Devon Toews is underpaid

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I don’t think they had much cap space at the time, I think that was before they knew boychuck couldn’t return?

The Toews trade was necessary to sign Barzal and Pulock. Even with Boychuk on LTIR the Islanders are currently right at the cap. The alternative would’ve been to dump Komarov & Hickey, but this was the worst possible year to try and do that.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Obviously not calling you out, but its't it funny how the narrative shifted from "Sakic must go!" to "best gm in the league" (which is closer to the truth)? There's just no patience on the Dunning-Krueger Boards.

I did believe it too honestly, I should be called out. But realistically I think Duchene was the problem as it's more than proven how he seems to wear teams down. But literally worked magic on Duchene to the point it quickly put the team from rebuild to contention.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I don’t think they had much cap space at the time, I think that was before they knew boychuck couldn’t return?
They didn’t. The expectation going into last year even before the flat cap Sakic would use the Avalanche cap space to an advantage. He got Lou over a barrel on Toews.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Obviously not calling you out, but its't it funny how the narrative shifted from "Sakic must go!" to "best gm in the league" (which is closer to the truth)? There's just no patience on the Dunning-Krueger Boards.
Are you going to deny he pulled off a trade heist with very tangible results that shifted perceptions.

Think about it like a player that under performs for his first few seasons and then figures it out.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
He's not a star like Makar but he's a very good fit for Avs in than he has enough speed and puck skill to keep up with a high tempo team and he can play heavy minutes on the PK, which is desperately needed with EJ oft-injured.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
This was just shown. Pretty insane that shot differential especially with that kind of PK time
upload_2021-3-20_22-17-2.png

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
I primarily made the thread because of the original title ‘Toews is underpaid’. lol

Great acquisition by Sakic that is paying off. Although imagine Zadorov with this skilled group.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
Will he also win the Norris or will Byram since Avs fans say he is even better than Makar or is it Girard or the Avs Zamboni driver that is also an all star?
With all your hot takes, it doesn't help your case when you flat out lie.

No Avs fan has said or would say that Byram is even better than Makar. Go ahead and provide us with a quote on that one.

Lol

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
I thought it was their zamboni driver. Playing with Girard, Makar, Byram etc. insulates Towes too from hard match ups. Put Hughes next to Makar, Mckinnon, Rantanen and all their other offensive weapons and Hughes would end up tying McDavid for points.
Hughes would play 3rd pairing on the avs. We don’t need that defensive pylon giving up chances

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->