Devon Setoguchi on fire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
The kid is playing well for the Saskatoon Blades and currently sits at 10 goals and 5 assists for 15pts in 13 games. Some people were wondering about this kid before the season started, but I'm wondering if he's starting to solidify himself as a 1st round draft pick and probably in the range of 10 - 15?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
For people who have seen him play.

In what fashion does he score the majority of his goals. I've read some posts that claim he has "power forward" potential. This assesment, if accurate, worries me somewhat, as I wonder how effectively someone who is listed at 5'11'' 180lbs can play the role of power forward at the higher levels.

X-SHARKIE

rt said:
In what fashion does he score the majority of his goals. I've read some posts that claim he has "power forward" potential. This assesment, if accurate, worries me somewhat, as I wonder how effectively someone who is listed at 5'11'' 180lbs can play the role of power forward at the higher levels.

I saw him last year with Sakatoon and not once did I say to my self that Setoguchi is a powerforward. He's a banger though. He's extremely competitive and strong...I guess I can see the power forward tag because down low, in front of the net, he's very hard to move and he likes to hit and crash. I would imagine he scores alot by doing the hard work in front of the net, but he sure looks to be one of hell of a playmaker...You wouldnt draft this guy for his finishing ability, but for his work ethic and playmaking.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
I saw him last year with Sakatoon and not once did I say to my self that Setoguchi is a powerforward. He's a banger though. He's extremely competitive and strong...I guess I can see the power forward tag because down low, in front of the net, he's very hard to move and he likes to hit and crash. I would imagine he scores alot by doing the hard work in front of the net, but he sure looks to be one of hell of a playmaker...You wouldnt draft this guy for his finishing ability, but for his work ethic and playmaking.

It's pretty hard to be a 5'11'' powerforward...

maxen1

Jul 17, 2004
X-SHARKIE said:

The guy has 10 goals; third in the league... That appears to be a finisher to me?

goteam

Dec 16, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
rt said:
So who would you compare him to? Cheechoo? Radivojevic? Morrow? Cole? Maybe Deadmarsh?
Cheechoo definitely I'd agree. Radivojevic, not as much. Not as gritty as Morrow. Nor the same type of power as Cole. Deadmarsh, once again not as gritty.

I think another good comparison is Jamie Langenbrunner, with a bit more skill and toughness in his potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->