Devon Levi Vs Dustin Wolf going forward?

Which goalie do you take for the future?

• Devon Levi

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • Dustin Wolf

Votes: 74 63.2%

• Total voters

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Very late response but always try to follow up at some point

I mean, that's the crux of the argument. Half a dozen to just barely over a dozen NHL games does not a career make. That's not even really a trajectory.

Don't think it's the argument at all, you are the one bringing up "a dozen NHL games", I didn't. My argument is based on development curve and pure talent/ability.

I think it's fair to be concerned about the situation Levi has be parachuted into and what that can do to a developing goaltender's psyche. But there have been plenty of terrific goaltenders who had rough starts, and plenty who got a handful of great games in, before entirely falling off the map.

It's just ludicrous to be judging this based on things like, "Devon Levi has been terrible" when you're talking about like a dozen games in a bad, rushed situation.

Again, don't know if some others made those arguments (I clearly don't read everything) but I didn't...

I don't know how much difference in performance anyone can claim to see from them so far. But if you were looking for any argument no matter how thin, Goals Saved above expected would be the answer.

Never intended to make the argument based on "so far"... Not sure why you both took it like that, very quick assumptions.

Both are young talented netminders, I just have more faith in Wolf long term but what CanadianSniper say is true, Levi might be on the much better team in the near future

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Never intended to make the argument based on "so far"... Not sure why you both took it like that, very quick assumptions.

Both are young talented netminders, I just have more faith in Wolf long term but what CanadianSniper say is true, Levi might be on the much better team in the near future

Probably because of the phrasing you used:

I'd like to hear one argument for Levi over Wolf...

We don't know how it's going to end but as of now, Wolf is more likely to succeed

How else is one to interoperate 'as of now'?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Probably because of the phrasing you used:

How else is one to interoperate 'as of now'?

Yeah I thought it was that, I should have used more words I guess. Something like :

We don't know how it's going to end but as of now, based on their track records and development route coming into the NHL, Wolf is more likely to succeed

It's my opinion, of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad