Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G (Obtained in Reinhart trade) Northeastern University (NCAA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
He definitely looks like a solid add to the goalie stable. We have three legitimate prospects now at different phases of their development in UPL, Portillo, and Levi. With him in the fold, we did not have to spend a high pick on a goalie this year - instead we got the best goalie from the WJC this year. Adams and Karmanos are clearly targeting a window of competitiveness for this team, and Levi fits that window well.

Good things come from a three goalie controversy.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Between him, UPL, and Portillo one of them has to pan out right? Seems like we’ve got a lot of potential high upside prospects in the pipelin
We need to acquire more then. We need more than 1 goalie since we don't sign very good backups.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Ryan Miller was drafted in the 5th round. I don't think we should be upset with the prospect just because of the round he was picked in.
Apparently Luongo was the one behind this pick for Florida. He was bugging them to take him because he felt so strongly. I'm willing to see how he pans out. Nice having maybe 3 up and coming goalies with some potential.

Again, that's a what if principal. I'm not interested in getting into what if's on a kid who is 19. For me to look at his value "right now" he's a mid tier prospect at best. It's IMPOSSBILE to justify calling him a future franchise goalie. I'm sorry. Posts like this are pointless. We should have been AT THE LEAST able to get a 2nd round pick added on or another prospect (Sourdif).

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
If Levi wasn't drafted last year, where do you think he would have been taken in this year's draft?

Just wondering how much his WJC performance raised his stock compared to the other goalies this year.

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Someone said his plan is 4 years in college and he goes to UFA. Is this true, and if so why has nobody else pointed out the mind numbing stupidity of what just happened in that this might be Vessey 2.0?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Someone said his plan is 4 years in college and he goes to UFA. Is this true, and if so why has nobody else pointed out the mind numbing stupidity of what just happened in that this might be Vessey 2.0?

Who is this someone? My guess is that they sign him after next season ala Power.

Portillo is a bigger risk in this regard, IMO. Plenty of teams won’t touch a sub-6’2” goalie like Levi.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Hopefully, the Sabres are winning in 4 years and he wants to sign with us.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
upload_2021-7-25_13-31-25.png

Top 20 WJC by save% with at least 5 games since 1995. A good tournament definitely doesn't look to guarantee NHL success but he's in company with decent names

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY

That was probably stemming from the Craig Button talking point after the WJCs - basically, going to UFA was his best development path since he was stuck behind Spencer Knight and 5 more years of Bobrovsky. He has a much easier path in Buffalo, unless both UPL and Portillo develop quickly.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Who is this someone? My guess is that they sign him after next season ala Power.

Portillo is a bigger risk in this regard, IMO. Plenty of teams won’t touch a sub-6’2” goalie like Levi.
I read this in post #2: "he was drafted and chased after for 3 years by Blainville in the Q but is taking the slow road".

I would bet he wants to spend more than 1 year in college.

Last edited:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I read this in post #2: "he was drafted and chased after for 3 years by Blainville in the Q but is taking the slow road".

I would bet he wants to spend more than 1 year in college.

Plans change. Especially with the trade.

We will see, but I will be surprised if he walks.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Plans change. Especially with the trade.

We will see, but I will be surprised if he walks.

Yeah, I'm not worrying about if he walks right now. How many goalies from any given draft have a career in the NHL? 5-6? It's a tough business. But we still need goalies somewhere somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->