Player Discussion Devin Shore

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I like this guy for how much he makes, he can play ant situation, good defensively, not afraid to go to blue paint and he has some offensive skills, he has capability to go coast to coast and has a couple times and to bring the puck from behind the net to in front. Hope we keep him around he's a good piece. He can also play on any line at any position.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I like this guy for how much he makes, he can play ant situation, good defensively, not afraid to go to blue paint and he has some offensive skills, he has capability to go coast to coast and has a couple times and to bring the puck from behind the net to in front. Hope we keep him around he's a good piece. He can also play on any line at any position.
Yeah I find it hilarious that people here act like his money is an issue when guys like Roussel get 3 million in UFA

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The issue is he’s a replacement level player who while not overpaid, his role could be replaced by a few of our prospects on ELCs.

With Perry and Kesler being unmovable Shore being moved is a way to free up $1.4M in cap space (the difference between him and someone on their ELC.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
The issue is he’s a replacement level player who while not overpaid, his role could be replaced by a few of our prospects on ELCs.

With Perry and Kesler being unmovable Shore being moved is a way to free up $1.4M in cap space (the difference between him and someone on their ELC.
Who could take his place as #2C and PK, PP minutes

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Ty, smh. What more do you want from a guy at his low salary? Not to mention he’s an rfa who BM will find a way to underpay him even more. He also seems to stick up for teammates and actually enjoys being on the ice

Reactions: DuckRogers10

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

There’s nothing “replacement level” about Shore. I don’t get why people say stuff like this

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Who could take his place as #2C and PK, PP minutes

Well he’s not really a 2C is he? He’s on pace for 28 points and has spent most of the year at wing. He’s underwhelming on the dot also.

On the PP we have loads of forwards as good or better offensively who aren’t getting monitors (Sprong for one). On the PK again we have loads of options. Henrique, Silf, Ritchie, Getzlaf, Grant, Rowney are all better PKers.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
There’s nothing “replacement level” about Shore. I don’t get why people say stuff like this

I would say being on pace for 28 points while playing 16 minutes a night and not being particularly good defensively is pretty replaceable.

Also his underlying numbers without Silfverberg are terrible. He’s being carried by having our best winger currently on his line and even then isn’t producing much.

Reactions: Deuce22

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I’m ok for him to stick around for a bit but I haven’t seen much from him to see him on a championship level team. He seems like a tweener who would be a stud in the AHL, but just a untility guy in the NHL and not worth 2.3M.

He seems average across the board... not explosive, physical, or naturally finisher/playmaker. Maybe he has a nice offseason and shows more desire and becomes a poor man Derek Stepan... but so far not likely.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Well he’s not really a 2C is he? He’s on pace for 28 points and has spent most of the year at wing. He’s underwhelming on the dot also.

On the PP we have loads of forwards as good or better offensively who aren’t getting monitors (Sprong for one). On the PK again we have loads of options. Henrique, Silf, Ritchie, Getzlaf, Grant, Rowney are all better PKers.
Silf Shore Rakell has been our best line every night so technically is he #1C rn?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Silf Shore Rakell has been our best line every night so technically is he #1C rn?

Maybe in your world but not in reality where he is miles behind Getz and Henrique in terms of ability, production and skill. That’s like saying Anisimov was the 1C for Chicago back when he was the centre for Panarin and Kane. Hell Shore isn’t even what I would call a legitimate centre, he’s only been playing there the last handful of games and can’t win draws to save himself.

Reactions: Elvs

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Hell Shore isn’t even what I would call a legitimate centre, he’s only been playing there the last handful of games and can’t win draws to save himself.

Shore is a middle six forward down the road that works well with Silfverberg and Rakell. You can give up on Steel as well in terms of what you demand from a player. Skill wise he is no typical 1st liner but that's ok. He is a good player. And when Grant has a place on this team Shore should have all the time. On the other hand Cogs has 3 points in 20 games, pace on 12 points over a season. And Shore is young enough to improve.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Maybe in your world but not in reality where he is miles behind Getz and Henrique in terms of ability, production and skill. That’s like saying Anisimov was the 1C for Chicago back when he was the centre for Panarin and Kane. Hell Shore isn’t even what I would call a legitimate centre, he’s only been playing there the last handful of games and can’t win draws to save himself.
Uh not in my world, teams are playing their best lines and pairing against that line and they are holding their own including shore

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Shore is a middle six forward down the road that works well with Silfverberg and Rakell. You can give up on Steel as well in terms of what you demand from a player. Skill wise he is no typical 1st liner but that's ok. He is a good player. And when Grant has a place on this team Shore should have all the time. On the other hand Cogs has 3 points in 20 games, pace on 12 points over a season. And Shore is young enough to improve.

You have completely missed my point and have gone into defense mode like you always seem to do when it comes to any sort of criticism of a Murray acquisition.

Why don’t you read my original post and argue with that instead of getting all defensive and bringing Steel and Cogs into the argument when neither is relevant.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Uh not in my world, teams are playing their best lines and pairing against that line and they are holding their own including shore

Wrong.

Against the Preds the Forseberg/CryJo line played 7 minutes against Getzlaf and 2 against Shore.

Against the Kings Kopitar played 5 mins against Getzlaf and 4 against Shore.

Against the Habs Domi played 4 minutes against Henrique, 2 against Getz and 2 against Shore.

Against the Blues and Yotes Shore didn’t play. And he only played 5 minutes against the Avs, 30 seconds of which were against MacKinnon so he wasn’t getting the top line matchup there either.

I can keep going back further if you like...

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Wrong.

Against the Preds the Forseberg/CryJo line played 7 minutes against Getzlaf and 2 against Shore.

Against the Kings Kopitar played 5 mins against Getzlaf and 4 against Shore.

Against the Habs Domi played 4 minutes against Henrique, 2 against Getz and 2 against Shore.

Against the Blues and Yotes Shore didn’t play. And he only played 5 minutes against the Avs, 30 seconds of which were against MacKinnon so he wasn’t getting the top line matchup there either.

I can keep going back further if you like...
We played almost all those games at home..... We had first change.... So what's your point ?

Silf shore rakell has been our steadiest line overall.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
We played almost all those games at home..... We had first change.... So what's your point ?

Silf shore rakell has been our steadiest line overall.

Ok we will go back tothe away games.

Against Vancouver Pettersson played 3/14 ES minutes against Shore.

Against the Oilers Draisaitl played 6/19 ES minutes against Shore.

Against the flames Gaudrwau played 5/15 ES minutes against Shore.

So you’re wrong on the away games too.

You keep ignoring facts and spouting off random statements like that their line has been steady/our best line/whatever and ignoring that Silfverberg is the one driving that line and Shore is just a passenger who is producing incredibly modest totals and isn’t in fact playing against top competition consistently despite you claiming he is.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Silf has been scoring but shore has been carrying the puck in as well as rakell. Shore has been cycling well with them you act like silf is a driver or has ever been a driver of a line. He works well off cycle which is why he's been with kesler and cogs for so long he's far from a driver. Did shore sleep with your girlfriend or something? Give the guy some credit he's centering our best line, killing penalties and going against tough competition.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
You have completely missed my point and have gone into defense mode like you always seem to do when it comes to any sort of criticism of a Murray acquisition.

Why don’t you read my original post and argue with that instead of getting all defensive and bringing Steel and Cogs into the argument when neither is relevant.

You talk about Shore being a replacement player who should be replaced by an ELC player to free up money and at the same time Steel is not relevant? Beside Steel and Lundeström who else do you want to play between Rakell and Silfverberg? Even if Steel breaks in Shore can easily be used on wing. I just don't understand why good players for lower lines get so much turndown.

And I mentiond Steel and Cogs because the first one is the only player on an ELC that could play right now on his place and Cogs since he was traded for him. And when it comes down to replacement, almost every player on the bottom 6 could be replaced by an ELC player then.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
He’s being carried by having our best winger currently on his line and even then isn’t producing much.

He plays a solid role on that line. Look at the goals by Silfv lately, Shore is where it hurts. You don' t have to produce to be a vital part on a line that works.

Just for interest. Why do you think is he used where he is used? Why does coaching staff prefer him over Sprong on the PP. Do you think it's only because Bob traded for him or do they see him as a usefull player in this situations? I just wanna know.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
You talk about Shore being a replacement player who should be replaced by an ELC player to free up money and at the same time Steel is not relevant? Beside Steel and Lundeström who else do you want to play between Rakell and Silfverberg? Even if Steel breaks in Shore can easily be used on wing. I just don't understand why good players for lower lines get so much turndown.

And I mentiond Steel and Cogs because the first one is the only player on an ELC that could play right now on his place and Cogs since he was traded for him. And when it comes down to replacement, almost every player on the bottom 6 could be replaced by an ELC player then.

I’m saying given we are a team right up against the cap if we need to make room we could shed $1.4M by replacing Shore with an ELC player without a huge downgrade. Yeah Steel would be an option. Hell Derek Grant is likely going to sign for $7-800k again next season and I don’t think he’s a huge downgrade for next season either.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Silf has been scoring but shore has been carrying the puck in as well as rakell. Shore has been cycling well with them you act like silf is a driver or has ever been a driver of a line. He works well off cycle which is why he's been with kesler and cogs for so long he's far from a driver. Did shore sleep with your girlfriend or something? Give the guy some credit he's centering our best line, killing penalties and going against tough competition.

I thought whatever line Terry was on was our best line?

I’ll give him credit, he’s a competent NHLer. he’s also someone I feel can be replaced at 1/3 of the cost without downgrading much at all. He’s also a player that you are overhyping the hell out of just like you’ve done before with Sekac and a number of other players. We hear you the first time you rave on you don’t need to repeat yourself in every thread until you get a response.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I’m saying given we are a team right up against the cap if we need to make room we could shed $1.4M by replacing Shore with an ELC player without a huge downgrade. Yeah Steel would be an option. Hell Derek Grant is likely going to sign for $7-800k again next season and I don’t think he’s a huge downgrade for next season either.

We have a projected cap space of 5 mil if the cap stays where it is. We will see what will happen with Kesler and Eaves in the offseason. I expect Miller to extend on a lower wage than 2m and some other contracts are falling of. I think this team is not that much in a limbo right now. Sure, we are not able to go all in on UFA but that is not expected and not something we wanna see. Maybe they even move out a bigger contract in summer but I think the most will be done around Kesler and Eaves.

In 2020/2021 we face a much more interesting situation since Terry, Sprong, Shore, Larsson and Guhle come of their contracs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->